This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO consulting

Can anyone out there recommend a GOOD ISO consultant? What are your experiences? Thanks

Use someone with a track record you can document.

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: the7tower ]

Comment

And that aint all.....he can also give you instruction on how to attack a 1000 alarm grass fire, a.k.a. "The Great Tumbleweed Conflagration".

He's (LHS*) the single "greatest" thing to happen to the fire service since the introduction of motorized fire apparatus.

If you don't believe it....just ask him, or the7Tower...they'll tell ya. Or is Lard*** H. Steevens* (LHS*) and the7Tower one and the same?

Comment

www.phonewave.net...

Providing Internet Access to Churchill County Residents Since 1994!
        THIS PAGE HAS MOVED. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR DEFAULT HOME PAGE TO

http://www.cccomm.net

CC COMMUNICATIONS
        77 N. Maine Street • Fallon, NV 89406
        Phone 775/423-7171 • E-mail [email protected]

The question is, southeast of what?
        My statements do not reflect the official policy of anyone.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Why did I have the feeling that Larry would pipe up again...this time with another alter ego!

Mike Compagnoni...my company? LOL!!!
          FCFD: Fallon Churchill Fire Department

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Captain Gonzo ]

‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Moreover, why did the7tower confirm he was Larry Stevens in another thread (in reply to a question why he left as Editor of Fire-Rescue and responded what wasn't understood from the last editorial he wrote and the publisher allowed to be published).

And now either someone else is using his latest FH account to trumpet Larry's site (btw, the link is www.isoslayer.com, jeesh). Or it's Larry once again assuming an alter ego.

So what is it Mike? Where you writing that post sitting with Larry looking over your shoulder (someone told you the password...), or are you another alter-ego of Larry?

Hey Larry -- you did that once before that I know of (when you claimed to be someone living in Texas formerly of Tolland, CT...) I believe that was a certain "M Lenthora" whose member ID later changed it's screen name to LoveIock...a variation of Lovelock, another one of Larry's known names (and if I recall correctly, the next major town north of Fallon-Churchill...)

BTW, curious what the department name is that had 135 rigs down the road from Fallon-Churchill. That's a pretty big department...I mean, like the size of Houston.
            IACOJ Canine Officer
            20/50

Comment

Willing to bet it's Las Vegas.
              NJ/FMBA is good.<br />Go NY Yankees!!!!

Comment

My guess is that Larry means "Southeast Texas" when he refers to his location. He's down there in Spring Texas a lot using their watch to tell them what time it is.

Comment

You know, I usually don't reply to posts like these, but this just irritated me. LT334 was asking a question about ISO. And as soon as everyone saw the7tower respond, they start jumping on him. Why can't you just start a separate post to bash the guy. Why does everyone insist on bashing him in a forum where someone is trying to get their questions answered. This is no better than those who keep arguing over Fulltime vs. vollie and whatever other nitt-picky little posts there are. LT334, sorry if you don't get any answers to your question bcause of everyone playing their games.
                  The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                  We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                  IACOJ

Comment

Shucks.....Larry picked up his toys and went home....to the great southeast.

Come on back now....ya hear?

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by firenresq77:
                      [QB]And as soon as everyone saw the7tower respond, they start jumping on him. Why can't you just start a separate post to bash the guy. Why does everyone insist on bashing him in a forum where someone is trying to get their questions answered. QB]

Cuz posted a lie in this topic, which is typical of him.

When Larry posts and doesn't lie or doesn't bash other people, you usually don't see this type of backlash.
                      IACOJ Agitator
                      Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

OK. I am interested in improving my department. From what I can see, the best way of doing so is to do it by convincing people of the $ that can be saved to our taxpayers by lowering ISO rates.

I have already contacted Larry about consulting along with a couple of others. I will contact all I can so I can "shop around"

I appreaciate all of the advice I can get on the subject, but can we please, just this once, stick to the subject? Maybe it's just me, but every time I ask a question, it turns into a war that I never intended to start, and dont know the combatants.

Also, does anyone know of a web site where I can view a departments SOP's or SOG's?

Thanks

Comment

Wouldn't it suck to find out Mike Compagnoni is a real person?

Dalmatian90

Moreover, why did the7tower confirm he was Larry Stevens in another thread (in reply to a question

Did he or did we assumed he was from the reply given?

Adze

When Larry posts and doesn't lie or doesn't bash other people, you usually don't see this type of backlash.

Sure we see this kind of backlash.

Seems as soon as somebody figures out who he's posting as, somebody continually drops in with the "listen to Larry, he's been to a 1000 alarmer" line. Even though he quite possibly just fat-fingered a key as he corrected it once it was pointed out in the original post.

I'm glad the rest of us have never typed one thing and meant another.

I gotta be honest here, whether he is Campagnoni or Stevens, some of us are way to sensitive on how we recieve information. You don't like the way a person say's something that's fine. Larry knows I think he comes off a little to strong and straightforward sometimes but he can live with it and so can I - next. At least he gives direct answers to direct questions instead of muddling up the middle, I could care less how someone says what they says it as long as it's right.

To **** and moan about the way something is said and not be able to find any errors in the content makes us sound like a whiney bunch of liberal democrats.

These forums are about what we think of the content of what is being presented by someone else. Not for bashing each other (yes, I'm guilty of it too).

And to answer the original question, whether the7tower is Larry or Mike, the fact is Larry is probably the best ISO consultant in the business and there are departments across the nation that will vouch for him.
                          It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

the7tower wrote:
                            What part of my last editorial explaining everything didn’t you understand?
                            ( http://www.firehouse.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004707&p=2 )

Mongo, I don't think I or anyone else was assuming anything there. The word "my" in the english language has a pretty specific meaning.

Yep, Larry is one of the most knowledgeable people about ISO. His post that's been edited above wasn't along the lines of "I know a bit, here's my site..." it was done under the name of someone else in a style recommending him. It was at best a poor attempt at self-depreciating humor. At worse, it was deception to help him gain consulting jobs. The truth is probably somewhere in between.
                            IACOJ Canine Officer
                            20/50

Comment

OK, my mistake.
                              It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X