X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hctrouble25
    Guest replied
    First thought was "Standing outside the Fire", second one was "Hero" by Mariah Carey. Are you doing multiple songs or just one with dispatch calls interweaved?

Leave a comment:

• E229Lt
    Guest replied
    Hendrix: Let me stand next to your "Fire"

Leave a comment:

• George Wendt, CFI
    Guest replied
    Neil Diamond's arrangement of He Ain't Heavy is better than the Hollies.

Leave a comment:

• Pelican631
    Guest replied
    EastKyFF,

ScanRec is what i've been using to record the calls. It's a great program..i love it. I have it hooked up to an old pager so I only get our calls...if i'm around when the pager goes off i plug the computer into the scanner really quick before i leave so i get radio traffic from all channels, but if i'm not home or not near the computer i just leave it and only get the traffic that comes across the dispatch channel. Go to www.ee.mtu.edu/~aaknitt/Pelican.mp3 to listen to my first attempt at doing this and let me know what you think.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Tanker06
    Guest replied
    Anybody know of a URL where I can download a copy of "Amazing Grace" on bagpipes? I found one version, but it had singing mixed in with it. (I had a CD.... before my 4 y/o got ahold of it!) :-)

------------------
    HazMat
    ---
    We gotta be nuts...we're running in when the rats & roaches are running out!
    ---
    Disclaimer:
    These are my opinions, and only mine, and do not reflect the views of my department.
    ---
    Let No Victim's Ghost Say That We Didn't Try

Leave a comment:

• EastKyFF
    Guest replied
    Hey man--

If you're wanting to record sounds, go to www.davee.com and download ScanRec. It's a voice-activated recorder; just set it up on your 'puter, press record, and park your pager or a scanner beside the microphone. It will only record dialogue, and it's free!

It's also a dandy for you administrative types for recording phone calls, since there's no Linda Tripp tape flipping sounds. I have a launch button for it and can start recording within a few seconds when those irate or incriminating phone calls come in.

Music wise:

"American Bad ***" or "Bawitdaba", Kid Rock
    "It's My Life", Bon Jovi
    "The Impression That I Get", Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    "Humans Being", Van Halen
    "Bubba Hyde", Diamond Rio
    "Don't Stop", Fleetwood Mac
    "Morning Glory", Oasis
    "D'You Know What I Mean?", Oasis
    "Ashes By Now", Lee Ann Womack

Leave a comment:

• engine121
    Guest replied
    Hero by David Crosby
    He Ain't Heavy by the hollies

Leave a comment:

• firefighter15_wv
    Guest replied
    Here's my list;
    1.Fire---Jimi Hendrix
    2.Smoke on the Water---Deep Purple
    3.House of Fire----Alice Cooper
    4.Fuel----Metallica
    5.Hero of the Day---Metallica
    6.Light my Fire----The Doors
    7.Bad Moon Rising--Creedence Clearwater Revival
    8.Iron Man---Black Sabbath
    9.Cowboys From Hell---Pantera
    10.Rock You Like a Hurricane--The Scorpions
    11.Crazy Train--Ozzy Osbourne
    12.Ride on----Ac/Dc
    13.Hells Bells---Ac/Dc
    14.For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)-Ac/DC
    -------------------------------------------
    Now here are my "mabie's"
    15.Don't Fear the Reaper----Blue Oyster Cult
    16.Knockin On Heaven's Door--Either by Bob Dylan, or Guns and Roses...bit of advice, Dylan may be one hell of a songwriter, but he isn't much of a singer, so I would have to go with Guns and Roses if I was going to use this song.

[This message has been edited by firefighter15_wv (edited 06-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by firefighter15_wv (edited 06-02-2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Pelican631
    Guest replied
    The feedback I can't get rid of. I don't think anyway...maybe...I'll investigate that some more. That was the result of them having a portable radio on while transmitting through the mobile radio. What you heard is exactly what came across the air. I'll see if I can't figure out a way to work some digital magic on that. As for The Thunder Rolls...great song don't get me wrong I love it..but it is about domestic violence...doesn't really go with the whole firefighting theme. That's why I picked The Change in the first place...it's about doing good and helping others even when it seems like a lost cause...which is sometimes what our business is about...I will probably do a more few of these to different songs and different calls as the summer goes on...this was just my first experiment. I want to try some other things before I decide on the "final result"

Andy

Leave a comment:

• FFJRE32
    Guest replied
    hagerhh/emti can you post a link to that sound that was redid by foofighters so i could down load it please

Leave a comment:

• crazyfirechick
    Guest replied
    I didnt really like the song.

Leave a comment:

• crazyfirechick
    Guest replied
    Whats funny is me and a couple of guys from my department were going to do the same thimg a few months ago, but lost ambition. Some of the songs we chose were: Burning down the house, the roof is on fire, by the bloodhound gang, fight fire with fire by metallica, we didnt start the fire by billy Joel, lake of fire by the meat puppets and smoke on the water bydeep purple. Hope that helps you out.

Leave a comment:

• Lewiston2Capt
    Guest replied
    I understand mic in throat disease, I was referring to what sounded to me like feedback closer to the end of the file. It might just be my computer. I also thought some more about the Thunder Rolls idea. If you aren't familiar with the song it starts off pretty soft and would be conducive to laying the initial tone out over it. Then through out the song there are moments when the music softens up which would allow you to lay in the other communications kinda like what you did here. Keep it coming.

------------------
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Captain
    Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2

Leave a comment:

• Engine58
    Guest replied
    i got it working now..it was my stupid computer..

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
    http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplorerpost6/

Leave a comment:

• Pelican631
    Guest replied
    Engine 58,

The whole song should be there. If it's not working for other people let me know and I'll try to fix it, but I thought the whole thing was working. The song is "The Change" by Garth Brooks. He wrote it in response to the Oklahoma City bombing.

Lewiston2Capt,

What do you mean by clean up the radio transimissions? Are they too soft or loud? I have thousands of dollars worth of audio editing tools I can use at the radio station I work at but I don't think even those can cure "mic in throat" disease :-) I'm sure we're all familiar with someone who has that affliction :-)

firefighter26,

Great Idea! I think I feel a bunch of spoof .wavs coming on...lol.

Keep the feedback coming. Thanks,

Andy

[This message has been edited by Pelican631 (edited 06-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Pelican631 (edited 06-01-2001).]

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader