X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout the techno remix of the theme song from scooby do. HAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

How about using the theme song from Rescue 911, Or the theme song from Emergency!

Comment

Definitely gotta have George Strait's "Fireman", but should probably skip "You'll Always Be a Fire I Can't Put Out" "Danger Zone" is a great choice. I think Garth Brooks' "The Dance" might be alright. "Angels Among Us" from Alabama would be fitting. How about the old Survivor song "Eye of the Tiger"? You can't hardly go wrong with Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA". Doesn't really have anything to do with fighting fires, but I can't think of something that represents the American spirit any better than firefighting.
        The "Top Gun Anthem" from the soundtrack album would be another good one.

[This message has been edited by ffemtmjb (edited 11-16-2000).]

Comment

OK I finally got around to actually doing this. Here is my first attempt.
          www.ee.mtu.edu/~aaknitt/Pelican.mp3

What do you guys think? Critique please. What should I change or leave alone? Different song? Give me some ideas.

Thanks,

Andy

Comment

sounds good so far!! What is the name of the song that is playing? It didnt finish it was only 30 seconds long??.....but yea thats sounds cool so far....I like it...I give a a 10...

------------------
            Andrew
            South Amboy, New Jersey
            Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
            "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
            http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplorerpost6/

Comment

I am not too sure about the song. It sounds good with the tempo and background music but the words dont seem to go too well with the radio communications. I love the idea. Also if you could clean up the radio transmissions it would work even better.
              Sorry, I cant provide any suggestions on another song to use. Only thing I can think of is "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks. Might not be slow enough though. Excellent Idea. Please post it again if you end up making any changes. I would live to hear the final product.

------------------
              Shawn M. Cecula
              Captain
              Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2

Comment

Pelican631, I will come back and give that a listen.

As for my department, our song is "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.... we run A LOT of MVAs.

Another one, is a little .wav file I put togehter. It starts with our tones, has Homer Simpson going "WOOHOO." Next comes our station name "Malahat" followed by another sound file I found: "start drinking heavily!!" to end it all, we got the famous Barney Gumble Beelch. :-)

Always puts a smile on the guys faces when it gets played.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by firefighter26 (edited 06-01-2001).]

Comment

Engine 58,

The whole song should be there. If it's not working for other people let me know and I'll try to fix it, but I thought the whole thing was working. The song is "The Change" by Garth Brooks. He wrote it in response to the Oklahoma City bombing.

Lewiston2Capt,

What do you mean by clean up the radio transimissions? Are they too soft or loud? I have thousands of dollars worth of audio editing tools I can use at the radio station I work at but I don't think even those can cure "mic in throat" disease :-) I'm sure we're all familiar with someone who has that affliction :-)

firefighter26,

Great Idea! I think I feel a bunch of spoof .wavs coming on...lol.

Keep the feedback coming. Thanks,

Andy

[This message has been edited by Pelican631 (edited 06-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Pelican631 (edited 06-01-2001).]

Comment

i got it working now..it was my stupid computer..

------------------
                    Andrew
                    South Amboy, New Jersey
                    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
                    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
                    http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplorerpost6/

Comment

I understand mic in throat disease, I was referring to what sounded to me like feedback closer to the end of the file. It might just be my computer. I also thought some more about the Thunder Rolls idea. If you aren't familiar with the song it starts off pretty soft and would be conducive to laying the initial tone out over it. Then through out the song there are moments when the music softens up which would allow you to lay in the other communications kinda like what you did here. Keep it coming.

------------------
                      Shawn M. Cecula
                      Captain
                      Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2

Comment

Whats funny is me and a couple of guys from my department were going to do the same thimg a few months ago, but lost ambition. Some of the songs we chose were: Burning down the house, the roof is on fire, by the bloodhound gang, fight fire with fire by metallica, we didnt start the fire by billy Joel, lake of fire by the meat puppets and smoke on the water bydeep purple. Hope that helps you out.

Comment

I didnt really like the song.

Comment

hagerhh/emti can you post a link to that sound that was redid by foofighters so i could down load it please

Comment

The feedback I can't get rid of. I don't think anyway...maybe...I'll investigate that some more. That was the result of them having a portable radio on while transmitting through the mobile radio. What you heard is exactly what came across the air. I'll see if I can't figure out a way to work some digital magic on that. As for The Thunder Rolls...great song don't get me wrong I love it..but it is about domestic violence...doesn't really go with the whole firefighting theme. That's why I picked The Change in the first place...it's about doing good and helping others even when it seems like a lost cause...which is sometimes what our business is about...I will probably do a more few of these to different songs and different calls as the summer goes on...this was just my first experiment. I want to try some other things before I decide on the "final result"

Andy

Comment

Here's my list;
                                1.Fire---Jimi Hendrix
                                2.Smoke on the Water---Deep Purple
                                3.House of Fire----Alice Cooper
                                4.Fuel----Metallica
                                5.Hero of the Day---Metallica
                                6.Light my Fire----The Doors
                                7.Bad Moon Rising--Creedence Clearwater Revival
                                8.Iron Man---Black Sabbath
                                9.Cowboys From Hell---Pantera
                                10.Rock You Like a Hurricane--The Scorpions
                                11.Crazy Train--Ozzy Osbourne
                                12.Ride on----Ac/Dc
                                13.Hells Bells---Ac/Dc
                                14.For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)-Ac/DC
                                -------------------------------------------
                                Now here are my "mabie's"
                                15.Don't Fear the Reaper----Blue Oyster Cult
                                16.Knockin On Heaven's Door--Either by Bob Dylan, or Guns and Roses...bit of advice, Dylan may be one hell of a songwriter, but he isn't much of a singer, so I would have to go with Guns and Roses if I was going to use this song.

[This message has been edited by firefighter15_wv (edited 06-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by firefighter15_wv (edited 06-02-2001).]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X