X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RES14CUE
    replied
    A deaf individual from MD went to court and the court ruled that under the Americans with Disabilities Act the volunteer department had to allow them to be an EMT. I think they have to have someone with them to hear the radio and such but I don't know about BP's and such. I don't know about the deaf issue, but if you can see well enough to perform, I would emagine they would have to accomodate you. They do make masks for firefighters with inserts for lenses, and I am sure they could special order one too. The ADA says they have to provide reasonable accomodations, it's up to a judge whats reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• hageremtp
    started a topic Physical Limitations

Physical Limitations

Hey guys what do you think are some physical conditions that would prevent someone from getting hired on with a dept.? I have been a volunteer for two years now, and am currently in a paramedic class. I only have vision in one eye that is corrected to 20/20 with glasses. I am unsure of my vision with out the lens. I do currently hold a CDL class B (which I hold only after a medical eval. by the DMV and my eye Doc). Any thoughts?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X