FDNY and the Vindicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    There must be some validity to this new technology if the NYFD thinks it's great. I heard they recently evaluated POK nozzles and they didn't last a week on the street. I find it amazing how anyone couldn't find an application for a nozzle that flows 400 gpm with one man on the line. Volume puts fires out, plain and simple. Combo nozzles have their place but come on, is there no place for a nozzle like this in the fire service. My interest is peaked.

Stay Safe

[This message has been edited by Fletcher (edited October 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Fletcher (edited October 27, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Big Paulie,

I understand where your coming from now. Your a brother....Las Vegas huh....sounds like fun. Stay safe Paulie

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    To FireJayT and anyone else who was unhappy with my comments Iam sorry. All I meant to say was that I would not make a desicion to use a new piece of equipment just because a famous fire department used it. It has to fit the needs of where it might be implemented. Example. FDNY uses smooth bore tips. It works well for them My department(Las Vegas) Finds that automatic nozzles is our weapon of choice. Thats all I was talking about.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    While I agree with Big Paulie that it may not be for everybody it is sickening when someone on here says "Fires burn in other places than FDNY". No Shi*! It rubs some guys raw that their departments, with shiny equipment and ISO ratings and their mobile Command tractor trailers, don't see the action that FDNY or Chicago, or Philly, or Baltimore or San fran....or BOSTON. Hey, you look at what works. Some guys often dismiss something they have heard because the jakes in the Northeast do it. What is that? Once again we all know the stars, the best, the ones others look up to! Just talk about the Vindicator.

[This message has been edited by FireFJayT (edited October 27, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bigger and busier isn't always better. The nozzle should be evaluated for what it can do based on what the needs of any department . Fires burn in every city not just NY

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic FDNY and the Vindicator

FDNY and the Vindicator

I just saw on the unofficial FDNY web page www.nyfd.com that the Vindicator is being tested by New York's R&D center. My question is how would your impression of the Vindicator change if New York started to use them on their equipment.

The photos show a 15/16 flowing 188 GPM and then a 2 1/2 Vindicator flowing over 400 GPM being held by one man using two hands.

If the busiest fire department in the world started using the Vindicator would you consider using it?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X