No announcement yet.

FDNY and the Vindicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys and girls. I just got back from a streams class and demonstartion on every different type of handline. The bottom line is that the smooth bore beats all other nozzles like the combo fixed gallonage nozzles and all other like the tft. This guy was from akron brass and has been in the fire service for 14-16 years. Everything we have said bad about the combo fog nozzles he agreeded with. We also did the ultimate test. Two lines one tft running 185 gallons perminute using calculations and a slide rule plus a inline hose pressure gauge and the same setup with a smoothbore 15/16 nozzle and one size larger. Everyone knows that a smoothbore is easier to handle because of less back pressure but with the smooth bore and 4 90 degree kinds it still flowed 145 gallons perminute where as the combo nozzle flowed only 80-90 gallons perminute. Yes that stream still looked good but does the look of the stream really matter if you arnt flowing the water needed to put the fire out. I believe in the vindicator now if it can do what it claims it can. I found out today on how you are able to hold with two people a 2.5" line flowing 430 gallons perminute in a house or on surround and drown operations. All this B/S about venting capabilities with the fog. Wooptydo. Tell me do you guys not carry ladders and fans for that purpose. Take two guys and through a ladder with a fan if you need ventialtion. Also the smoothbore makes less steam which we all know that steam is the firefighters worst knightmare. Any other questions please feel free to email me [email protected]. Or just want to chat.

Comment

TSFIREDOG09:
      I have spoken directly with Houston Safety 3 as well as Captain Reed who was doing all the Vindicator training, which unfortunatly was cancelled when the old training chief over spent the budget for traing. Neither of them know of an instance where a person has been burned while using it inside. The only case they knew of, which is one I am very familier with is when a person got a steam burn from not wearing a hood which they confirmed had nothing to do with the nozzles performance. That was a year before they made their purchase. I guess those in charge found that it was not the nozzle that caused the problem.

Now if you wish to continue to claim someone has been injured by our product I think it would be wise and benificial for everyone if you would please provide me with their name so that we can follow up with a indipendant safety investigation to confirm the facts.

To date, not a SINGLE department has every had the problems you claim to be having with this product. I know from my own experience we have tried to do everything wrong possible and even then the fire goes out and we have never had a single injury report.

I would appreciate your input as we all know that if there is truly a problem as you describe we need to address it.

Awaiting you cooperation to ensure all stay safe!

Thank You.
      Kirk Allen
      First Strike Technologies, Inc

Comment

Just a flicker!

KirkAllen:
        Somehow, I don't think you will get a response from TSFIRE. In one of his last posts, he alluded to the tactics that were being used; something that Captain Gonzo hit on the head early on.
        By the way and just curious: how many of the Vindicators have been sold to the military? How many copycat nozzles are now being offered? Has anyone told you lately how sweet smooth that ball valve is?
        Anyone who trashes this nozzle is somewhere between Goofy and Pluto.
        Visit www.iacoj.com
        Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
        RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

In a kind of lighter sense, what works for FDNY may not be for you! Remember this folks, in Major Cities, there's a lot of sweetheart contracts and politics used. This is not to say the Vindicator isn't worth it's weight......only for each to test and decide their own! In the FDNY we've probably tested and rejected 65% of what someone out there considers a bolt from the blue, by the same token we were operating with manual roll-up boosters until almost the eighties.
          "All gave some...Some gave all!"
          9/11/01 Lest we forget!
          FDNYRR

Comment

FDNYRR: Sweetheart Contracts and politics? Not sure what you mean by that but you can rest assured I do not play those cards. Never have and never will.

You are correct that FDNY has probably tested and rejected 65% of what someone out there conisders a bolt from the blue but I bet I can safely say they have NEVER evaluated a nozzle for over two years of which it still has not been rejected.

Now I will probably get kicked of the forums for that comment but there comes a time when a man has to do what a man has to do
            Kirk Allen
            First Strike Technologies, Inc

Comment

Kirk I was there when you guys did the testing at the ROCK. I still say The Vindicator has a place in FDNY. It is ashame all the chiefs there that day are gone....
              ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
              CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
              LT. John Ginley Engine 40
              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
              FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
              FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
              FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
              FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
              FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
              FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
              FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40