• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiefReason
    replied
    You're kidding, right?

tshayes:
    First of all, I don't sell Vindicators; I use them. We are a rural department and we have two. What does hydrants have to do with the effectiveness of this nozzle? What; you afraid you're going to use some water? Don't you run tanker ops? Why are they useless in the rural setting? The name of the game is getting water on the fire. You need a truck; not a hydrant. You do have a truck, don't you? Saying that a Vindicator is useless unless you have hydrants is like saying ladders are useless if you don't have two story houses!
    I think you're just trying to kick start the debate again, you little devil, you.
    You have piqued my curiosity. I'm going to check out your profile.
    We'll talk more later.
    And remember, if you don't have hydrants, keep your hose on the truck!

Leave a comment:

• tshayes
    replied
    who dont have a fire hrdrant to flow off of. Using a vindicator nozzle is literally usless unless you are a prmarily hydranted city. I am sure that the rural setting applys to most departments in the untited states. Good for city departments but that is where is ends.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LHS..or as we call him on the Fire Service message boards of AOL, Larry...is agruable the most vocal anti-big city FD person you will ever encounter in your life. I "breathlessly" await the daily renditions on ISO, quints and how the mighty Fallon Nevada fire department operates lol.

This guy is just provided for amusement. Take everything, with a grain of salt. He is wonderful at math. And if you really want a good story, ask him about his "Vietnam War Service" We already laughed and tore that apart on AOL lol. It is worthy of a repeat preformace however.

John

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When the fire is putting out to much BTU's for a 2 1/2 with a smooth bore nozzle, and your busting you *** to make the hallway and then the room or rooms of fire, you will wish you had this nozzle.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The last thing I heard is that several engine companies are placing them in service to try them out. Sorry I don't have any more specific details.

Perhaps a FDNY brother could give us some more info?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does anyone have an update on the FDNY tests with the Vindicator? My DC is now calling our heavy attack Vindicator our "Terminator Nozzle".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What kind of stream does one get with a Vindicator? It seems implied from all of the above that it is a straight stream only (still aspirated, but no fog)?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As a person who has seen the nozzle used. It is very impressive the gallonage you can get. And we all know more water with less work and wear and tear on the FF the better chance to knock it down quicker and more efficient.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    fdbxny: Due to restrictions placed on Manufacturers I will e-mail you the answer to your question.

------------------
    Kirk Allen
    First Strike Technologies, Inc

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Phil D.

There are several models of the Vindicator knob. We use the Heavy Attack Vindicator that flows 250 g.p.m. at 50 p.s.i. at the tip. It will flow more as the NP is increased. The others are the Light Attack, Blitz Attack, and the deck gun size (I forgot what they call it). I have only used our Heavy Attack model. Lower NP still makes a good stream. At 40 NP we flow 220 g.p.m., with plenty of reach. My choice of knob, for 20 years or more, had been the 15/16" solid bore at 50 NP and 185 g.p.m. I still carry the stack of 15/16" & 1/2" tips in my pocket. The Vindicator tip is screwed onto the shutoff that the solid bore tips were on before. It has an 1-3/8" waterway. I put on the stack and use the 1/2" bore for overhaul, when water damage is a consideration. Just give it a try if you have the chance. This is an old dog that was taught a new trick.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Anyone who has moved a 2 1/2 inch line at 250 GPM down a hallway knows how difficult it is. It won't bend very easily and the nozzle reaction is fearsome. FDNY uses 2 1/2 line in projects(fire proof multiple dwellings), high rise buildings, store fires and where the size of the fire cannot be defined. 1 3/4 line at 180 gpm is what is used for almost all other structure fires. Maneuverability for quick water on the fire is the key here.
    That being said, here is my question;

Would it be possible for a Vindicator flowing over 400 GPM to be utilized effectively by 2 firefighters in an apartment/house fire?

Thanks!
    Phil D.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Paulie, hope you don't mind.

Big Paulie nozzle, 1-1/8" stack tip @ 80psi.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Forgot to put the pic in, see the next post.

[This message has been edited by S. Cook (edited November 04, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "It kicks butt."

It kicks a lot of butt!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have literature that will explain the concept of the high flow handline . Just send me an E-mail

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X