This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my $.02....

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie so go easy on me, but there's something that I have noticed in the last few weeks going on and I was wondering how anybody else felt. The events of 09/11/01 made me feel like anybody else did, I mean, what can you say? I was able to go to the WTC site for 2 weeks through my department and give a little of myself, which was alot more than most were able to and I can say it changed my life on many different levels. I was also able to go back to NYC on 11/18 for the memorial that was canceled, I went to the EMS memorial at the Javits instead, back to the site, went to Rescue 2 in Bed-Stuy to talk to the guys there (thanks for the coffee and the shoulder, brothers) bought a load of stuff from the FDNY Museum and other firehouses for my guys back here at work. Now I'm starting to see more and more stuff on the internet for sale on auction sites going to the highest bidders, some of it legit, some of it just somebody's idea of a fitting tribute. I don't know if any of the profit above and beyond the retail price goes to the survivors, but it seems to me there are more than a few folks willing to make a little cash on the deal. Maybe it's just me, but personally, I think that sucks. Personally, I wouldn't "bid" on some one elses misfortune and the profits are tainted, IMHO. AAR, gotta go, just got a run come in. Later...

Thank you BROTHER. It is unfortunate that there are mutts out there that will turn our misfortunes into profit. I always question who is selling and who will stand to gain.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

I am with both of you. I was unable to get to NYC for anything...but someday I will come and express my sadness and visit with brothers and sisters there. They are always in my hearts. I want so much to make a permanent tribute that I am considering a Tattoo (something I have never thought of before).

Now....as far as selling stuff....

I think people who try and "make" money off of it are AS***LES. Before I buy anything...the first thing I ask is...Where is the money going?????

People who try and make money off the sadness and tragedy of the loss of our brothers and sisters and all those civilians are MORONS in the worst way.
      09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
      ------------------------------
      IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
      "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
      BMI Investigator
      ------------------------------
      The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X