Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's all be safe during the holidays...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's all be safe during the holidays...

Just heard that one of our sister firefighters suffered a LOD injury today...

Story I got was that a 35' ladder got away from 'em during a raise at a commercial structure fire (really windy day) and somehow during the trip to the ground it severed off her thumb!

Latest report is that the reattachment surgery this afternoon went well and as of this evening she has feeling in it, so it looks like she'll get to hang onto the digit in question for a while longer. They're even saying that she (and her thumb) will be released in time for turkey at home tomorrow evening. How's that for modern medicine!

Prayers out to ya, sis. And to everybody... Let's think safe, be safe and all stay safe this holiday season...

FB
    Fire service survival tips:
    1) Cook at 350...
    2) Pump at 150...
    3) When in doubt, isolate and deny entry...
    4) When in trouble, claim lack of adult supervision.

Hope she is feeling better soon. Guess she won't be allowed to carve the turkey then.

Seriously though, I would rather read about the ones who go home and are going to be ok. It makes me feel a lot better. So, pardon the jokes and Godspeed in your recovery. You should have heard the ribbing I got when an 85 year old woman backed her car into me in the station parking lot
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

We can only hope she dosen't do a lot of hitch hiking. (just kidding allready). It would be tough to operate w/out a thumb.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X