X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewiston2Capt
    replied
    One of my assistant chiefs has had a single candle/kerosene torch lit in his front yard since 9-15. He was in Manhattan visiting relatives when the attacks occured. Every time I go past his house I say a little prayer for everyone that was lost in the attacks.
    I say one candle outside and no lights on 12-11. I am in.

Leave a comment:

• fifi
    replied
    Hey george, I don't think that's weird at all. Right now the only thing that most of us can do is pay tribute and always remember those that were lost. I think that says alot about the man your father is.

Leave a comment:

• fireman george
    replied
    I know this sounds kinda weird: Since Sept 12, my father, a retired city police officer, has had a blue, a red and a white electric candle lighted in one front window of his house, night and day. He said the blue is for the Cops who died, the red is for the FF's, and the white is for the civilians. He intends to keep them lit until the last remains are recovered, which may be forever.
    Two years ago a local cop was lost in the Ohio river and Dad had a single blue light in the window for four months, till the body finally surfaced.
    The candles are a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• cake&bowls
    replied
    Great idea. I'll pass the word down here.

Leave a comment:

• fifi
    replied
    I will be using electric lights that look like candles. The bulbs I have flicker like a candle flame but a cheaper version with regular bulbs can be bought at places like CVS or KMart for as little as $1.00 each.

Leave a comment:

• PMThor
    replied
    Great idea, but I don't like the idea of the candle in the window, since candles are a leading cause in fires themselves. We need to set an example for others when it comes to the use of candles.

Leave a comment:

• Firekatz04
    replied
    Nice touch. In fact, it's a GREAT idea.

I thought about it a little bit and here's what I came up with for our "decorating scheme" this year. For the last couple of years I put up the multi - colored large bulbs, just around the porch roof. This year I'm taking out the orange bulbs, and stringing this way... Green - for the soldiers at the Pentagon, Red - for the firefighters and EMS personel, White for the innocent civilians, and blue for the numerous Police agencies that all lost their lives. The lights went up today, and will be on at night until 12-10. They will be off for the 11th, and back on for the 12'th.

Leave a comment:

• firefighterjim
    replied
    We can get that done!!!
    At the stations and at home...

Have a good one and stay safe!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian Dunlap
    replied
    No Lights on 12-11-01....I'm in 100%....I like dr. inferno's idea of the candle ~ It's got class !

Leave a comment:

• Michelle Latham
    replied
    Great idea! I'll share it with my firefighters.

Leave a comment:

• dz
    replied
    That is a great touch with the candle. So it sound like something that will fly, so let us get the word out and remember the ones that gave there life. And not to take anything from our brothers in new york, but lets remember all the ones that have fallen. To all TAKE CARE AND BE SAFE !!!!!!!

dennis

Leave a comment:

• toneloc177
    replied
    sweet. like the idea. consider it done.

Leave a comment:

• Captain 12
    replied
    To Rescue2bob

Go ahead and put up lights, yeah we are all still mourning, but if it was you we were mourming whould you what us to stop living. Or have a good holiday.

and as far as Dec. 11 I like it...and if you don't have any outside lights how will we know if they are off...

I put my lights yesterday, BUT NOW THEY ARE ALL RED, WHITE AND BLUE LIGHTS

LETS FLY OUR COLORS HIGH AND WITH PRIDE...

Mark
    Captain 12

Leave a comment:

• rescue2bob
    replied
    I had already decided on no lights outside this year . We will put up the tree, we will put up some decorations inside the house, maybe even the front door, I wouldn't want to deprive my family, but I just can't bring myself to do it outside. Seven of the lost brothers live within a few blocks of my house, all good friends, and I can't let those families think that we have already forgotten and moved on with our lives, but i will put out the candle as you suggest (nice touch).

Leave a comment:

• truckie_ladderco_147
    replied
    Doc we may not have agreed in other posts but I seriously back you 100% in this one.Candles and no lights is a great idea.Spread the word maybe we can get it to be a national thing?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X