X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can get that done!!!
    At the stations and at home...

Have a good one and stay safe!!
    A proud member of the Highlands Firefighters, Local 1505.<br />The opinions and information provided are my own and do not reflect the views of my Department or Local 1505.

Comment

Nice touch. In fact, it's a GREAT idea.

I thought about it a little bit and here's what I came up with for our "decorating scheme" this year. For the last couple of years I put up the multi - colored large bulbs, just around the porch roof. This year I'm taking out the orange bulbs, and stringing this way... Green - for the soldiers at the Pentagon, Red - for the firefighters and EMS personel, White for the innocent civilians, and blue for the numerous Police agencies that all lost their lives. The lights went up today, and will be on at night until 12-10. They will be off for the 11th, and back on for the 12'th.

Comment

Great idea, but I don't like the idea of the candle in the window, since candles are a leading cause in fires themselves. We need to set an example for others when it comes to the use of candles.

Comment

I will be using electric lights that look like candles. The bulbs I have flicker like a candle flame but a cheaper version with regular bulbs can be bought at places like CVS or KMart for as little as $1.00 each.

Comment

Great idea. I'll pass the word down here.
            try it you'll like it

Comment

I know this sounds kinda weird: Since Sept 12, my father, a retired city police officer, has had a blue, a red and a white electric candle lighted in one front window of his house, night and day. He said the blue is for the Cops who died, the red is for the FF's, and the white is for the civilians. He intends to keep them lit until the last remains are recovered, which may be forever.
              Two years ago a local cop was lost in the Ohio river and Dad had a single blue light in the window for four months, till the body finally surfaced.
              The candles are a great idea.
              See You At The Big One

Comment

Hey george, I don't think that's weird at all. Right now the only thing that most of us can do is pay tribute and always remember those that were lost. I think that says alot about the man your father is.

Comment

One of my assistant chiefs has had a single candle/kerosene torch lit in his front yard since 9-15. He was in Manhattan visiting relatives when the attacks occured. Every time I go past his house I say a little prayer for everyone that was lost in the attacks.
                  I say one candle outside and no lights on 12-11. I am in.
                  Shawn M. Cecula
                  Firefighter
                  IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse