This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflecting on a weekend in NYC

I just got home 2 nights ago from spending 2 days in NYC.
    I just wanted to say thanks to:
    FDNY
    Engine 65 -The starbucks coffee was great!
    Engine 24, Truck 5 -Thanks for a warm cup of coffee on a cold day, and for directions around the city.
    Engine 54, Truck 4 -stay safe brothers.
    Haz-Mat 1, Squad 288 -Sorry we couldn't stay for supper. And thanks for a demo on that new 'position'
    Haz-Mat Ops (Stan and Tony)- Thanks for everything. It was a pleasure to meet you and spend the time we had with you. Thanks for the memories that will last the rest of my life.

You guys made us feel at home in that big city. We love you guys and keep you in our hearts every day.

FD Jersey City, NJ
    Engine 11, Truck 7 -Thanks for opening up your house to us on several days. The cheesecake, coffe, and especially the company was excellent.

To all the people of NYC:
    Thanks for the hospitality and respect that was showed us as we travelled your city. I am impressed with you and your city. You have a special place in my heart forever.

To the flight crew of Continental Flight 311 from Newark to Houston on 11-19-01 10:50 am:
    You can never understand how much your hospitality and kindess meant to us. We are framing your letter and hanging it on our station wall. God bless all of you.

To any firefighters in NY or NJ who want to get away from the city for a while:
    You are always welcome in a place that has no tall buildings, and you can see for miles in all directions
    Just drop me an email and we will work out the details!

To those of you on these forums who have not ever experienced NYC:
    Go. See. Learn. and you will walk away changed.

be safe brothers
    Be safe brothers

Scott, you're definitely a classy guy.

Its great that you got to visit with one of the houses in my neighborhood, Squad 288 and HAZMAT 1. I had the honor of being one of the MANY people to overfill their refrigerator!

I'm glad you left NY with such a positive feeling.

Have a safe and healthy holiday!

We all sitll have alot to be thankful for.

Comment

Guys from my engine company and myself here in PA have been to six FDNY funerals over the last couple of months. We consider it an honor and a privledge to pay our respects to the fallen brothers of New York.

I completely echo Scott on his description of the brothers of the FDNY and the people of New York City. While we were thinking that it was our privledge to be there, they were busy making us feel as if it were their privledge to host us. You won't find a classier group of people with more heart than the FDNY.

I won't be able to say it as well as Scott, so I'm not going to try; but I agree with Scott - if you're a firefighter, you should go to New York. You'll not only be doing something good for the families of the fallen, but you'll learn something about yourself and this magnificent job in the process.

Thanks to the brothers of the FDNY, and the people of New York City.
      "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

The FDNY and the entire City of New York showed real class last weekend. To the guys at 316 engine, thanks for all you did for me. To the guys on 226 engine, the coffee and the hospitality you showed me, proved to me, we are in the world's nobliest profession. All of you are a class act! Thank you all for proving to me that my 18 years on the job, really have been the best years.

God Bless You All
        Missouri will never forget 9-11-2001

Comment

Yeo Scott,
          I have told everyone who will listen about going to NYC. My wife and I left WA State 11-14-01. Spent 3 of the best days in my now changed life. Lt. Banker of Ladder 20 and the guys were absolutely fantastic. I will cherish my memorial T-shirt of our fallen brothers from Ladder 20 and Squad 18 forever. The city and its people treated us like family. Thank You New York, we're coming back Dec 7th.
          Bob
          R Burbridge

Comment

This weekend was a very emotional one for me. Thursday was a Memorial wake for my friend Mike Otten Ladder 35. My good friends from Boston and Mass Airport were there to support us. Friday we had Mike’s Memorial Mass. Firefighters from Arkansas, Dallas, Philly, Detroit, D.C., Massachusetts, California, and Canada came out to HONOR Mike. Saturday L.A. City came to the firehouse to give us 2.5 million for the U.F.A. widows and children fund. The whole weekend we had our new friends from Orange County, California stay and help out. Sunday we went back to W.T.C. for a couple of hours. Words cannot express my feelings. The outpouring of support by ALL my BROTHERS from all over the world was a great tribute to all firefighters. THANK YOU ALL.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: E40FDNYL35 ]
            ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
            NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
            CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
            LT. John Ginley Engine 40
            FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
            FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
            FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
            FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
            FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
            FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
            FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
            FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
            FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
            "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
            *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Comment

I have to agree with everyone. Five of us from Arkansas spent five days in NYC. Never in my career have I experienced the "Brotherhood" like I felt in NYC. For those that haven't been yet you need to go and pay your respect. Everyone in NYC made us feel at home and went out of there way for us. To all of our new friends we met... anytime, anywhere we'll be there. The boys from Arkansas.

Hey Ray... Thanks for everything and thank your family for making us feel welcomed.

And you'll see us again soon.

Comment

I would like to thank Lt. Csorny, Brian, and rest of the guys of Ladder 10 who we met at the memorial service and collation of FF Eric Olsen, Ladder 15. Thanks again for bringing us to 10 House and sharing your stories with us not once, but twice!

Thank you to Lt. Wannamaker and the crew of Marine 1. Your hospitality and the fireboat ride was awesome.

Thanks to the crew of Ladder 3. Keep the faith!

Thanks to members of the FDNY and other departments we met at the memorial service of FF Salvatore Calabro, Ladder 101.

Thanks to the citizens of New York. Your hospitality towards us during your time of need means more than words can express.

Like it's been said above, if you're a firefighter, you need to go to New York. It was an incredible experience.

Living the dream...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X