Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

standard issue (at this time) is the metro style. After seeing what some of them did in high heat situations i started looking at the leather style. our chief (at the time) said he wasn't allowing any "yankee" helmet to be worn on his FD. well after 3 of us went and bought Paul Conway Leathers he finally gave up and let us wear them as long as it was only on our volunteer time. (funny thing was he was wearing a 1010). well i will NEVER EVER EVER go back to a metro style for structural firefighting, i did 2 burns on 2 back to back days, one with metro and one with my conway... i had steam burns from water running off the back of the metro and down my neck. the next burn i was wearing my conway, water ran straight towards my SCBA and away from my neck. that day i vowed to wear my leather 24/7. Now that we have a new chief it will be my goal to if not make leather std issue at least to make that style SI. Basically right now i have my black conway with 4" shield. but with a pending promotion i'm gonna be looking at the Sam Houstons with Borques or another conway with borques. I still do keep my metro on hand for extrication/rescue calls as we run quite a bit of those and that helmet is alot better suited for those kind of calls. I plan on persuing the brimless rescue/extrication helmets to be placed on our rescue truck, with goggles pre-installed.

but as for structural firefighting.. leather will forever be on my head
    Shevais M. Shrum
    Western Wake Fire Rescue

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse