Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx for all the help, everyone!! Much appritiated, and, by the way, I'll be buying a Cairns N5A at the Harrisburg expo in spring:-) LEATHER FOREVER!!!!!

Comment

[This message has been edited by Ford45 (edited 11-12-2000).]

Comment

I personally prefer the N6A- NFPA compliant. It gives you some added protection and with a set of goggles you can remove the shield and remain NFPA. Try looking for DANCHECK from Kingston/Wilkes Barra, pa. for a great price.

Leather For Ever!!

Comment

Like the others say "Leather Forever", I personaly use a Huston made by Cairns & Brother, it has an impact cap made of the same material (kevlar reinforced fiberglass)as your metro, plus it has the leather surrounding it. Any one that wants to argue about a helmet that will give you better protection that that, come wit it....

------------------
          Will Caruso
          Firefighter/Paramedic
          Taylor FD
          Taylor, MI
          Local 1252

Comment

I sleep with my New Yorker! Not really, but I love that thing. I keep a Metro for use on hazmat or rescue or wildland scenes, but I have the leather for structure fires. Go for the Bourkes too, it's not right with goggles or a shield. I do use my Metro with the goggles when I need eye protection however. I don't trust the Bourkes that much.

------------------
            In Omnia Paratus

Comment

My department wants to switch to leathers, but were having a problem with getting the cheif to ok it. has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do about it. Please e-mail me at [email protected]
              thanks
              Jon

Comment

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS AND YOUR LEATHERS... I DON'T GET IT . I WORK FOR RURAL METRO AND FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS ALL WE'VE USED IS THE METRO I THINK THE METRO IS DEFINITELY THE WAY TO GO!! IT'S LIGHT, IMPACT RESISTANT AND I LIKE THE BRIGHT YELLOW COLOR! HEY, LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS... IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR PHILLY , IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!
                IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME THAT THE WHOLE LEATHER THING IS A COMMUNIST PLOT STARTED BY THE IAFF!!!

Comment

They make helmets out of things other than leather?

Seriously, for 17 years I have worn an N5A. I wouldn't trade if for the world. I am a volunteer captain on a combo department. I was issued a 660 metro. I put it on the truck. Thats where it stays. When I get off the truck my N5A is on my head.

Comment

SSD: You like BRIGHT YELLOW METRO HELMETS?!?!?

Ok...let's start a vote...who thinks SSD isn't really a firefighter and is just joking around with us?

Ok, it is one thing to like Metro Helmets (which is unacceptable) but another to like YELLOW ones!!!

*Everyone* knows that black leather is the only way to go.

Comment

I prefer leather helmets. I like the traditional look. If you can foot the bill, get one. Its your money, (and your melon) get what you want.

AAD
                      Eng. Co. 9

------------------

Comment

Not my money...in my FD, leathers are SI...

On the subject of SI, my FD started issueing extrication gloves! (for the one extrication we get a year)

Comment

SCREW LEATHER... LEATHER DOESN'T PUT OUT FIRES... FIREFIGHTERS PUT OUT FIRES.

Comment

SSD, Well you got it half right, it is true, firefighter's put out fire. But you forgot to mention the fact that they do it while wearing their LEATHER!!!!

------------------
                            Be safe, have fun!
                            Captain Clay Rheinlander
                            South Hays Fire & Rescue
                            LEATHER FOREVER!!

Comment

THE YELLOW METRO HELMET WAS THE OFFICIAL HELMET OF THE RIOTS IN THE 70'S! I'M PROUD TO HAVE MY YELLOW METRO HELMET AND I TELL EVERYONE AT MY JOB AT RURAL METRO, AND I'LL WEAR THAT BABY TO THE END! BESIDES THAT I CAN'T SEE THE POINT IN PAYING $500.00 FOR A STINKIN' HELMET. I THINK THE STINKIN' IAFF HAS STOCK IN LEATHERS, IT MUST BE A COMMUNIST PLOT TO GET RICH ON POOR FIREFIGHTERS.

Comment

Hey now!! Easy SSD, take a chill pill.
                                1) Leather helmets ARE NOT a communist plot by the IAFF. Get that thought clear.
                                2) Whatever comments you got, you brought upon youself. I posted this topic to see what others OPINIONS were, not to have people like you come on criticize everyone on the opinions they have. There's no room for that in my posts.
                                3) Okay, so you like metros. A lot of people do, I think. But thats your opinion, you're entitled to it, and you're entitled to post it, but not in that fashion. Others like Leather, thats their opinion and their entitled to it as well.
                                4) I intend to get a leather. My choice. However, I will keep my metro for situations that don't warrent using it, like brush fires, rescues, ect.
                                5) You WILL NOT make many friends around here if you continue to say things like "screw leather" and some other comments you made in you're replies, so take it easy. And I'd appritiate it if you would not do that on my topic. I'd really be upset if WEBTEAM closed this thread. Thank you. Peace out.

------------------
                                Matt
                                Newtown Fire Association
                                Station 45

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader