X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAF
    replied
    What this man doesn't understand (just for starters) is the difference in the firefighter/police/ems casualties and the civilian casualties. As Tom Paxton put it in his song:

"So, now I go to funerals
    For men I never knew.
    The pipers play Amazing Grace,
    As the coffins come in view.
    They must have seen it coming
    When they turned to face the fire.
    They sent us down to safety,
    Then, they kept on climbing higher

CHORUS:
    Now every time I try to sleep
    I'm haunted by the sound,
    Of firemen pounding up the stairs
    While we were coming down."

full lyrics and sound clip at
    http://prairiehome.org/performances/20011013/bravest.html

---Ursula

Leave a comment:

• Lenahan
    replied
    The fact that this guy is a knucklehead is probubly punishment enough. Can you imagine what his life is probubly like?? I bet he gets his *** kicked on a daily basis to have that kind of a warped mentaliy.

How bored you must be to think of something like that. Why pick this guy up and show him what we do for a job. Just suck him up in the dules and show him what we do to guys who take advantage of a young kid in mourning.

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Lenahan ]

Leave a comment:

• firecat1524
    replied
    I don't want ya'll to get me wrong....there is nothing that would bring me more joy at this point and time than to stick my size 12 bunker boot up this knothead's hindquarters....but telling him that will only bring trouble...this I feel in my bones. This jerkoff has an axe to grind for one reason or another.....who knows...maybe the inspector cited him or something...so he found a way to grind it. I hope Mr mother [email protected]&#^ slept easy the night after he wrote that pile of crap knowing that the true American superheros would pull his sorry *** out of whatever trouble it might find it's way in. People like him are not going to be swayed from their opinion no matter what you say or what you do....so write them off and concentrate on the ones we can sway.

Leave a comment:

• Natexmolly3ltexsfd
    replied
    I can't believe that theres a person out there (a brother no less probally) who would say that to a 14 year old boy that just lost his father in the worst accident this country has seen. its astonishes me.

Leave a comment:

• toneloc177
    replied
    MUTT, MUTT, MUTT, MUTT, MUTT!!!

By the way, did I happen to mention my true feelings on this piece of trash. What a fukin ash-hole! (ha! )

Wonder if this is another one of those Berkley ash-holes, who say,

"How many bombs would be enough?"

My reponse,

". . . dunno, . . . but I'll tell you when to stop."

*** him, Ladin, Hussein, and any other MUTT'S that fall into the category of being a MUTT!

Leave a comment:

• Natexmolly3ltexsfd
    replied
    Note to all that this concerens i read firecats post and at first it didnt scare me, not matter how mean my message was, but it was kinda immature to go off like i did and it was also i do realize there are complete morons in this world that would sue over stupid things. Mr Ewig, You discrace me and all of my brothers alike.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: SFDExplorLt1 ]

Leave a comment:

• firecat1524
    replied
    Everyone becareful in what you put in any message you send to this knothead. He seems like the type that has the money and motivation enough to file criminal charges on any threat, either real or percieved.

Leave a comment:

• firefighter_632
    replied
    To Seathewig:
    your message was interesting in many ways to me. But I feel the need to ask you why you chose to use your words upon a child? What evil has this family done to you to deserve such a viscious message? Perhaps it us firefighters in general that you despise. It has been well said that you should first walk a mile in another man's shoes before casting such judgement. I suggest that you volunteer for the fire service as I have. I will warn you that this is not the service that you think it to be. Yes we all understand the risks that we take. We do what we do because we can help those in peril, not because a union needs leverage in the public eye. You should do what we have done, see what we have seen. When you do this, then and only then are you fit to tell what we are and what we do. I have no doubt that your idea of death is limited to what you have seen on live broadcasts from CNN. Those who have personally been there fighting to save just one person can give you a much better understanding. I am grieved for all those who gave their lives in the attack of sept. 11, including those who were just trying to make a living in this wonderful country. We firefighters and police officers have been singled out because we stand in breach so that you and yours may live and work in relative comfort. We are called heroes because without us many would be deprived of not just a hot meal served to them, but of life. I am certain that this text will be of little notice to you, but consider yourself and what you have done. The odds are that you will need us within your lifetime. When that happens, we will take those same risks to save you that they did in New York. Will you then criticize us?

Leave a comment:

• truckie_ladderco_147
    replied
    What does one expect?He is a self righteous pompus and idiotic ***!Picking on a 14 yo???Probably a sorry little man.Mr Ewig or whatever your name is,bring it on over to me.As in days of old I will be happy to be the champion of this boy.In other words the gauntlet has been cast down Caspar.If you have the courage to say to me face to face the same self righteous pap,I will be happy to debate you.Marquis of Queensbury rules?Gloves?Or bare fist?Even if this was a debate of words,I would tear you apart.Your whole what of the immigrants?If they are illegal so what!They knew the dangers(sound familiar?)they couldnt afford a funeral?Hmmm you also said most of them were under assumed names.So how do we know who we got out of there?Here is an idea Caspar.Seeings I am such a mean guy why dont you go talk to someone that will go easy on you.How about you go down to Engine 54 and ladder 4 in Manhattan.Tell them your ideas.They lost the most in this act of war.I am sure they will feel your pain and have a big hug and cry in with you.Maybe light a few candles and sing Kumbayah or however you spell it.Feel free to e-mail me Caspar.It will be a delight!Just to hear you try to make sense of an illogical argument.Stay safe brothers and good job exposing this clown Carla.We all love ya here.

Leave a comment:

• mike021c
    replied
    i wrote this turd a note. i just wish he lived are here to teach him not to pick on little kids. all well the ignorance continues i guess. hope everyone had a safe holiday!!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hey, I don't know if this is any help, but, i found this email address for Mr. Ewig.

[email protected]

Just thought I'd pass it on to everyone.

Stay safe and Happy Thanksgiving

Leave a comment:

replied
    Carla,

I read the email and an truly outraged. If you could would you forward this the "person" who wrote it.

Mr. Ewig, you are truly a low, hateful person if you feel the need to write such a horrible email to a child mourning his father. Did you try to get hired on and fail the test? Maybe that is why you are so cruel.
    We do not feel that we are a special group because of what we chose as a career. We are a family, we take care of each other and we honor each other. I'm not a hero because I'm a firefighter/EMT. The heros are those who go in when they know they might not come back out. The men and women who died in the World Trade Center went into that building and knew there was a real chance they wouldn't survive the day. They went in anyway and they deserve to be honored and their families should be cared for.
    Mr. Ewig, let me ask if you have critized the Red Cross for its haphazard handling of the billions of dollars raised for the victims of 09-11-01? Any nasty critical letters to them? Or are you waiting for another victim's orphaned child to write a letter asking for some closure.
    Mr. Ewig, we risk our lives for all. Even critical, mean people like yourself. We take your abuse and still respond when you call 911. Pardon my crudeness, but, to hell with you. I seriously hope that one day you realize how mean and narrow-minded you really are. And by the way, I'll still respond if you call 911 in my jurisdiction.

Sincerely,
    PSO H. Langston, Firefighter/EMT-B, LEO

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: firebear235 ]

Leave a comment:

• fifi
    replied
    WOW.....just when you think you've met the biggest jerk in the world, along comes another to top him. To take the time to write such a despicable letter to a child is as unimaginable as what happened on 9/11. What a low-life. He mentions how concerned he is for the illegal aliens (aka, criminals) but who showed more care for them? Gee, it was the Rescue workers, wasn't it?! They all risked their lives to save those criminals, I mean illegal aliens.

I going out on a limb here and guessing that if this individual was in the Towers at the time of the attack, he would have been racing down those stairs pushing pregnant woman, the elderly, and the handicap, out of his way, and I bet he sure wouldn't have given a passing thought to those illegal aliens.

I'm also guessing that he's jealous of Connor's relationship with his Dad. After all he must not have a had a good one with his own Dad since he was named Casper F. Ewig (I keep looking it over to see if its one of those bogus names you used to give a substitute teacher!)

Carla, Please let Connor know we all love him. And all you firefighters reading this, we love you all too! You're all the best and no one can take that away from you, especially someone named Casper.

Leave a comment:

• Firefighter631
    replied
    Carla-
    Could you please forward this to Mr Ewig.

Mr. Ewig

I along with many of my brothers are appauled at the gall and lack of respect that you have shown Connor. The fire service is full of tradition and one of them is standing beside our brothers and their family in times of need. What you have said to this young man is enexcusable and heartless. Maybe you should spend a day in our shoes and see what exactly what it is that we do. No one but you can explain why you said what you did to this young man. Maybe its because you envy us, maybe its because your stockbroker's office was in the WTC and you are ****ed off because the stock market was closed for several days, or maybe its because your what we in the fire service refer to as a MUTT. You sir, are someone who would rather sit at home or in your place of business and talk bad about the fire service. You think that we are overpaid and underworked. Well here's a newsflash. There are more firefighters in this county who are NOT PAID. Yes, people like me, actually do this for FREE. We do it for many reasons, but I'm sure that none of them are important to you. Why dont you visit your local firehouse and ask them if you can ride with them for 24 hours. See whats its like to be up at 3 a.m. and be cold and tired from fighting fire.
    As for your statement regarding the civilian victims of the WTC. Their death is saddening, just as the death of our brothers is. But how is that the fire department or anyone elses fault. Did the fire department force them to come here illegally and obtain fake names. No, I dont think so. So, I'll close this reply with a simple set of acronyms. Mr. Ewig, visit your local firehouse or ask a firefighter what they mean. If they can't tell you, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll be more than happy to explain it to you.

FTM-PTB-EGH

M. Imrie

Leave a comment:

• AVF&R452
    replied
    Well, Well, Well,

It seems that Mr. Ewig thinks that he knows all about what we do. I didn't see him out at a woods fire at 3 a.m this morning nor do I suspect that anyone else saw him on any incident they were working. No, Ol' Caspar was home in his warm bed, No doubt dreaming about how he can further traumatize a 14 year old son of a fallen brother.

Mr. Ewig asks to see some "humility among the firefighter community". after portraying firefighters everywhere as a bunch of greedy, overpaid, underworked city employees who rob the honest, hardworking taxpayer of their hard-earned pay.

Try this for humility. If you are ever unfortunate to find yourself in trouble in my first due area, It just might be ME that has to cut you out of your mangled vehicle or drag you out of your burning home. You can rest assured that if it is me, I will do my very best to save your sorry ***, possibly at the cost of my own life. I do this for no salary or retirement and just a small insurance benefit. You see, I am a volunteer. I, and MANY others like myself spend hours and hours of our time responding to incidents, attending training, and raising funds so we can buy the equipment that the local gov't cannot or will not buy. Not to mention the missed sleep, missed meals, missed family activities. All for the reward of helping others when it counts. Sadly, we also get to take a lot of nasty, hateful BS from ignorant mutts like yourself.

What you obviously cannot understand is that the fire service is a brotherhood. We may not know each other, we may dress differently, Hell, we may not even speak the same language or worship the same god. BUT... And pay attention, this is important,

ALL FIREFIGHTERS ARE PART OF THIS BROTHERHOOD. Regardless if they are male, female, white, black, red, yellow. It doesn't matter what nationality they are or if they are paid or volunteer, public or private, local, state, federal or military. You, Mr. Ewig, can bet your last dime on the fact that WE ARE GONNA STICK TOGETHER!! Especially when it comes to your hateful attack directed at a hurting 14 year old boy.

If you cannot say something good, Don't say anything at all! Your Mother should have taught you that when you were a young child.

Best Wishes to You, too, Mr. Ewig.

Carla Smith,

Please feel free to forward my comments to Mr. Ewig directly.

Thanks

Jim

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...