This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturdays Bravest TV Show

I missed the whole thing, was it any good? Someone give me a quick rundown so I can decide if it's worth hunting for a copy.

Thanks in advance.

The first half was filmed in San Fran. Mostly wildland fire. My company responded to an alarm and missed the rest.?

Stay Safe
    EGH-RFB

Comment

San Fran also responded to a stabbing. The second half was FDNY Rescue 2. They responded to a dive rescue call (woman drove car into river, was a suicide) They responded to a water main break that threatened a 450,000 lb crane, and then to a smoke in a high-rise call. That is all I remember.

Comment

I actually taped it to my digital camcorder and will put segments of it on the computer later in the week. I also did this for the last two weeks.

Did anyone else find it freaky and ironic that David Weiss from Rescue 1 was talking about how NYC is a potential target for terrorists and that unfortunately he was one of the members of FDNY that gave his life on 9-11?
        IACOJ Agitator
        Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Adze,

I agree that it was ironic that he brought up that fact that NYC was a potential terrorist threat and that fact that the FDNY had to be prepared at all times for such an event. Just before he said this I turned to my wife and told that he was one the FDNY that gave his life. Gave us both the chills.
          TW

Comment

Like the other replies... The first half hour was not the usual dramatic stuff The Bravest has come to be known for. But the second half... FDNY RES1CUE will always be my personal heroes! I've been in this line of work for 17 years and have always considered them the cream of the crop. Having never had the good fortune of meeting any R1 members, I've only followed their story in the many media forums that they are occasionally shown in. They are TRUE HEROES! Those men have forgotten more than most of us will ever know about all aspects of saving lives. As I'm also a member of the US Armed Forces (Air Force), I say a silent thank you for every bomb that my associates deploy against my heroes killers. Oh well, sorry for posting a book! I guess you know my feelings. I've video taped the show so if ya need a copy let me know... Brian
            Brian Rowe
            Paramedic/Engineer
            Colleton County Fire/Rescue

Comment

Hi All,

I have taped most of the episodes so far. Last Saturday's SanFran segment didn't click along like the others have. I thought it was too weird how he mentioned NYC as a possible terrorist target. Makes you think, for sure.

BKE
              BKE
              Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

Comment

it was rescue 1, and it was ironic how he told a bunch of vollies about nyc and it's vast skyline being a terrorist threat.

also shown was brian sweeney, ex-member of the merrick volunteer fire department. i knew him, and was a bit shaken as were others as we watched the show at the firehouse. (his memorial is next week at the firehouse, and church across the street)

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: toneloc177 ]
                May God bless all the people and families who have lost
                their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
                [email protected]

Comment

I saw the first half of that show about the wildland fire in SanFrancisco and I have a question. Several of the SF firefighters were wearing a pink triangle on the bunker coat. I was wondering what that signified. I know what it meant in Nazi Germany and I'm not asking to start a bunch of crap, I just wanted to know.

Comment

DON'T EVEN START THIS LINE OF THOUGHT!!!!!!
                    It's just the BRAND NAME (ISO Dry or something)!!!!
                    (Although secretly there were those of us who thought the same thing when they issued them to some of the new kids and other "questionable people")

Long Live the F***** Up SFFD!!!!

Comment

Thank you truck12tillerman. As I stated to begin with, I wasn't trying to start anything. I was simply asking a question and you answered it. Again, thank you.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X