This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your locker?

I've been meaning, for a long time, to put a letter in my locker for that "just in case" scenerio. You know, "I love you honey, take care of my kids, there's this insurance policy I forgot to tell you about..."
    Other than that, I have so much stuff crammed in there (procedure manuals, clothing, class A's, personal hygiene, shoe polishing, car washing, blah blah blah) I can't find half my $hit when I need it! What will your wife/husband find if you buy it tommorrow?
    See You At The Big One

Fireman George, I have always been honest with my wife about the possibilities, although we don't talk alot about it. I also have a list/letter for my wife in my locker. It's hidden under my callender, but it's there with her name on it. I don't think it will ever be used, but it may help in the unlikely event of me passing. I look forward to retiring, and burning that envelope behind the station, just knowing that no one else ever had to see it.

Comment

I thought i was the only one to have such a letter mine says if I die DO NOT take my casket to the grave yard in that 1953 fire engine I want to be taken in my truck and if I found out my body was taken away in that old truck someone is going to pay dearly cause I will haunt them.

other than that the normal pictures and empty smoke packages.
      Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

Unionproud, that is one of the best things I have heard in awhile. I have all of my uniforms. Tons of worthless papers. Lost of paycheck stubbs. Direct deposit is the best. Also all my shower crap, sheets, books and about 3 pairs of boots.
        This space for rent

Comment

I don't have a husband yet...not even a boyfrind. Just a cat. So I don't have anything in my locker regarding my death if I should "buy it". I have a will at home addressed to my mom and dad though.
          My locker contains my bunker gear, an extra rosary, a small pink Bible, a tin cup, a roll of toilet paper, (in case we get stuck out at some call and all that's available is the woods or an outhouse), a stack of ICS books, a small book of prayers, a fork, some pens and pencils, a picture of Jesus pinned to the side, training notes, and a huge assortment of rocks. I think I'll have to move some of them to another location though because the shelf in my locker looks like it's about to snap in half...
          Probie Name: HurryUpMichelle!!

Comment

I don't really keep much in my locker. A spare uniform in case i need it..shower stuff..a few extra t shirts. I live right down the street from the station so I figure why try to cram a bunch of stuff in my locker.. If i really need something I can just run home really quick and get it. I keep my SOP book in there and a spare magazine in case i forget to bring something with me or am really bored...but other then that...not much. I keep a letter in there too. It's too my kids.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot one thing my letter says, the priest is supposed to ask at the begining of the service if any one is sober???? If people raise their hands they will be asked to report to the closest bar to get their load on........... cause I want a party at my funeral.
              Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

You have lockers???!!!
                "Dance as though no one is watching you, Love as though you have never been hurt before, Sing as though no one can hear you, Live as though heaven is on earth."
                - Unknown

Comment

unionproud, that letter thing is awesome, i hope noone is sober for my funeral also.

Comment

if something happens to me tomorrow, my locker will hold all the secrets to my life.

a letter to my mom with my last wishes

a letter to my dad telling him all the things I was never brave enough to tell him while I was alive

a letter to my chief thanking him for the opportunity to prove myself

a letter to my "guys" at the firehouse telling them how lucky I was to work along side them and learn from them

magazine pictures of tropical islands I dream about visiting

powerpuff girl bedsheets

extra uniform (just in case)

extra street clothes (the "going out" variety - *just in case* )

all those training mauals with the dog-eared, highlighted pages from reading and re-reading and re-reading again....

penny candy of every variety

"things to do before I am 40" list

Comment

Hmmmm, what's in my locker? In my gear locker: my front line bunker gear, my spare (old) set of gear, my ****pot (stupid 660), forestry shirt, 3/4 length boots. On top I have my spare ****pot, 3 pairs of work gloves, a pair of stereo speakers, change for the soda machine, helmet parts, batteries of different sizes, tunes to listen to when working in the truck bay, manuals, and some text books.

The locker in my bunkroom: toiletries, towel, aspirin, tylenol, tums, candy, more soda money, clean uniforms, clean socks, underwear, Jake shirt, sweat pants, my mickey mouse sheets (go ahead, laugh), pictures that my kids drew me, and photos of my wife and daughters. Up top, I have a extra pair of duty boots, a pair of sneakers, more text books, note books, my leather helmet (someday we'll be allowed to wear em), and couple of small boxes that have been up there so long I don't remember what's in them. I don't have a letter or anything like that, but if some dumb schmuck even thinks about playing "Amazing Grace" at my funeral if that time should come, I WILL SIT UP IN THE BOX AND HURT SOMEONE!!!!

FTM-PTB-EGH
                      I have issues, but it's nice to see me

Tom McQuade FF/EMT-I<br />Newington NH F.D.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X