This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yorker Helmet

I am looking for a used New Yorker style helmet in good to excellent condition. Anyone have any ideas where to find one?

The leather helmets used in the FDNY have changed to the hard plastic now, since osha had it's way. The leather helmets are bought by cadets in the academy and your own personal. I think the chances will be pretty slim. Most guys stiill wear them since they already had them. Good luck though.

Comment

You should be able to find a decent used Cairns leather New Yorker out there somewhere as they do turn up from time to time. Contact the Fire Store in PA; they have advertised used New Yorkers in the past.
      www.thefirestore.com

Comment

Search on Ebay for cairns leather. There's usually at least four or five for sale. Or, I'll see you mine - $1,000 and it's all yours.

Stay Safe

Comment

I also recommend the Fire Store. They are about 20 minutes east of me, last time I was there to buy my new natural New Yorker, they had many used New Yorkers there.
          Opinions stated are mine only and do not reflect those of my companies.

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

I wouldnt say OSHA had its way.Wasnt it a study by FDNY for all gear?Plus we have guys in a neighboring dept.that went out and bought leather.Good luck on finding one.

Comment

Just a bit of info. I tried www.thefirestore.com last week. One of the reps emailed me to inform me that they no longer deal in used leather helmets. sorry.

Stay safe.

These are my opinions and should not reflect on my Dept. \ Organization.
              web page

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Firefighter45 ]

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Firefighter45 ]
              EGH-RFB

Comment

ceno, how much was thefirestore selling their leathers for? maybe they just sell them in their store now.

Comment

Which leather helmet do you think looks better on the head and doesnt sit to high on your head. I personally like the cairns New Yorker and the Cairns Sam Houston but i have never tried them on.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X