This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osha 2 in 2 out

anyone know where i can find info on this? i am doing a term paper on personnel management in the fire service and am having a hard time finding info, thanks

(g)(3) Procedures for IDLH atmospheres. For all IDLH atmospheres, the employer shall ensure that:

(g)(3)(i) One employee or, when needed, more than one employee is located outside the IDLH atmosphere;

(g)(3)(ii) Visual, voice, or signal line communication is maintained between the employee(s) in the IDLH atmosphere and the employee(s) located outside the IDLH atmosphere;

(g)(3)(iii) The employee(s) located outside the IDLH atmosphere are trained and equipped to provide effective emergency rescue;

(g)(3)(iv) The employer or designee is notified before the employee(s) located outside the IDLH atmosphere enter the IDLH atmosphere to provide emergency rescue;

(g)(3)(v) The employer or designee authorized to do so by the employer, once notified, provides necessary assistance appropriate to the situation;

(g)(3)(vi) Employee(s) located outside the IDLH atmospheres are equipped with:

(g)(3)(vi)(A) Pressure demand or other positive pressure SCBAs, or a pressure demand or other positive pressure supplied-air respirator with auxiliary SCBA; and either

(g)(3)(vi)(B) Appropriate retrieval equipment for removing the employee(s) who enter(s) these hazardous atmospheres where retrieval equipment would contribute to the rescue of the employee(s) and would not increase the overall risk resulting from entry; or

(g)(3)(vi)(C) Equivalent means for rescue where retrieval equipment is not required under paragraph (g)(3)(vi)(B).

(g)(4) Procedures for interior structural firefighting. In addition to the requirements set forth under paragraph (g)(3), in interior structural fires, the employer shall ensure that:

(g)(4)(i) At least two employees enter the IDLH atmosphere and remain in visual or voice contact with one another at all times;

(g)(4)(ii) At least two employees are located outside the IDLH atmosphere; and

(g)(4)(iii) All employees engaged in interior structural firefighting use SCBAs.

Note 1 to paragraph (g): One of the two individuals located outside the IDLH atmosphere may be assigned to an additional role, such as incident commander in charge of the emergency or safety officer, so long as this individual is able to perform assistance or rescue activities without jeopardizing the safety or health of any firefighter working at the incident.

Note 2 to paragraph (g): Nothing in this section is meant to preclude firefighters from performing emergency rescue activities before an entire team has assembled.

www.osha.gov
    http://www.osha-slc.gov/SLTC/respira...s/require.html

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: FF McDonald ]
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Comment

It States:
      )(4)
      Procedures for interior structural firefighting. In addition to the requirements set forth under paragraph (g)(3), in interior structural fires, the employer shall ensure that:

(g)(4)(i)
      At least two employees enter the IDLH atmosphere and remain in visual or voice contact with one another at all times;

(g)(4)(ii)
      At least two employees are located outside the IDLH atmosphere; and

(g)(4)(iii)
      All employees engaged in interior structural firefighting use SCBAs.

Note 1 to paragraph (g): One of the two individuals located outside the IDLH atmosphere may be assigned to an additional role, such as incident commander in charge of the emergency or safety officer, so long as this individual is able to perform assistance or rescue activities without jeopardizing the safety or health of any firefighter working at the incident.

Note 2 to paragraph (g): Nothing in this section is meant to preclude firefighters from performing emergency rescue activities before an entire team has assembled.

Got it from this site: http://www.osha-slc.gov/OshStd_data/1910_0134.html

Hope this helps

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...