This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with portable radios

Has anybody ever had a problem with a portable that it just stops picking up. My radio don't pick up traffic anymore. We can be at the station and I can hear other people's radios talking but mine is silent.

------------------
    Fire Fighters job is never done

I fight what you fear!

Yeap I have.... what kind of radio do ya got

Comment

Take it in and have it looked at......Antenna might be bad or something inside messed up

Comment

I have a Motorola HT750 only had it three months and now the dang thing don't even work.

------------------
        Fire Fighters job is never done

I fight what you fear!

Comment

My radio stopped working all of the sudden. I checked and re-checked the freqs to make sure I had the right ones programmed in. It's a uniden bearcat and is only about 2 years old. My friend has the same exact model and is complaining that his is not working either. Something is blocking the signal from transmitting. I'm so frustrated.

Gina

Comment

Does your radio have an external mic/speaker?

We have two Motorola radios with externals, and they never really worked right from day one. Sometimes they wouldn't send or receive, until one day I took off the external and they seem to be working just fine now.
            Just a suggestion.

------------------
            Play Safe!

Comment

Check the conection of the external speaker/mic. sometimes the mist can damage the inside conection and that blocks the internal speaker/mic. you only have to clean it up and make sure that nothing is crossed by in that conection

Comment

There could be several issues with the radio. One could be the antenna is broken inside the rubber coating. Another could be the receiver board could have a programming or connection problem. If their is an external speaker mic, it could be a bad connection. There could also be a loose connection or wire internally. The radio shop where you purchased it, or one near you should be able to test it, or do a tune up to it and help its performance.

Comment

mine quit working once but that was after i pulled it out of the portable tank, that may of had something to do with it. it was fine after it completely dried out.motorola makes good radios.

Comment

I seem to remember a problem around me, let me think. Something about... Digital, or something like that...

Nope, can't remember now.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X