Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all are 2nd generation F/F's or 3rd,4th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backsteprescue
    replied
    2nd gen here.........Dad was active FD for 24 years and is still a life member.

3rd generation if you count my grandfather because he was an Honorary Deputy Chief of the FDNY

** Quite a few way extended family are firefighters also

Leave a comment:

• mdoddsjffhnfc
    replied
    3rd generation firefighter. my dad is a 29 year member of my company (life member) my mother was a firefighter/emt in Lindenwold #1. Both my grandparents were firefighters (my dads dad was also a police sgt in town)

3 generations of Dodds' in the Hi-Nella Fire Company, hopefully to have a 4th generation somewhere down the line.

Stay Safe

Leave a comment:

• Engine76KS
    replied
    Third generation firefighter here. I've been a vollie for a little over 2 years (and a dispatcher for 1). Dad was a career firefighter/paramedic for 30 years. He was one of the first members of the local EMS department before they and the FD combined. Grandpa was a vollie for a number of years, as was my great-uncle. Great-uncle eventually became Chief of his department.

If I can be half as good of a firefighter as those three, whoever I end up working for will be good shape.
    Last edited by Engine76KS; 04-27-2006, 06:49 PM. Reason: Corrected stuff

Leave a comment:

• Lewiston2Capt
    replied
    Originally posted by numbir39
    I am a third generation firefighter in the same volunteer department. My two brothers are in the department as well. My nephew is 1 year old, and we are grooming him to follow in the tradition .
    If he takes after your brother, lord help us all!
    Last edited by Lewiston2Capt; 04-27-2006, 01:32 PM. Reason: added smilie

Leave a comment:

• numbir39
    replied
    I am a third generation firefighter in the same volunteer department. My two brothers are in the department as well. My nephew is 1 year old, and we are grooming him to follow in the tradition .

Leave a comment:

• bwspeer
    replied
    Small Volunteer Department

I am the Third generation on our small rural all volunteer department
    My son joined this year making the first fourth generation member.

Leave a comment:

• cozmosis
    replied
    Does it count as second generation if it skipped one along the way. My maternal grandfather was chief of the volunteers in the town where he lived. My old man went the wrong direction and became a cop. I had to pick up where my grandfather left off. If I have kids... Well, at the rate I'm going, there'll be no fires left when they're old enough to join up.

Leave a comment:

• 5pts384
    replied
    I'm third generation two of my son's are FFs one is a Paramedic/FF, he is the only paid one of us. My grandfather had a party phone line, when there was a fire the phone had a special ring and all would respond.

Leave a comment:

• Safety33
    replied
    I am a second generation firefighter.

Leave a comment:

• FiftyOnePride
    replied
    Fourth Generation - Same Department.

Leave a comment:

• Shoreman22
    replied
    Long Time

My great greats came to Kingston, New York from Germany during the Civil War. They were part of the first volunteer fire company and eventually charter members of Kingston's first paid department. Firefighters every generation since.
    Last edited by Shoreman22; 04-24-2006, 10:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PumpOperator
    replied
    Originally posted by john1545
    Really...?

Funny John W.

Leave a comment:

• pfd4life
    replied
    My Great, great, great grandfather was a member of my department when it was started, my grandfather was a FF in the navy during WW2, then it skips a generation...but here I am...so I guess that would make me pseudo 5th generation.

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    My Dad joined the local volunteer fire department when I was an infant. Almost 40 years later, I am proud to say that I am a career member of the same department..However my Dad made it to Assitant Chief. I am still a blue shirt. My uncle was also a fierfighter on another department. Both my Dad and Uncle were also paramedics. Back when EMS was brand spanking new.

Leave a comment:

• Vegasfyrgirl
    replied
    I am first generation. If I ever have a daughter I would love it if she became a Firefighter (but if she doesn't, I'd still support her career goals). Then we'd have generations of Female Firefighters, something that you don't see too often.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X