Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all are 2nd generation F/F's or 3rd,4th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 2nd generation.

My father is a retired LT from my department and my father-in-law is a retired captain from Milford, CT.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

I started in the fire service five years ago, and just this year my father joined and started to follow my footsteps. Does that make me or him the second generation firefighter? Anyway there are two generations in my family.

Comment

Atleast a third generation, not sure beyond that. My brother and I were the only male members of our family that were not. I have always had the craving to be one but just joind the volly dept. in October. Very sorry I didn't join before now. My daughter is wild about fire fighters and will probably be one!

Comment

Third generation here! My grandfather is still active volly with 50+ years of service. My father is career County Chief here. I am a firefighter pushing 5 years of service here. I love it. I wouldn't mind if my children were to follow in my footsteps, but I wouldn't be offended if they didn't. My younger brother is now a firefighter with about a year on the job too!

Stay safe all!

*Mark
          FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

Third generation here! My grandfather is still active volly with 50+ years of service. My father is career County Chief here. I am a firefighter pushing 5 years of service here. I love it. I wouldn't mind if my children were to follow in my footsteps, but I wouldn't be offended if they didn't. My younger brother is now a firefighter with about a year on the job too!

Stay safe all!

*Mark
            FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

I am a 2nd generation in a small volunteer department. Though my grandfather was not a member, most of my great uncle's were, which got my father interested. He joined when we was fourteen as a junior. He worked is way up and became a Deputy Chief before he decided to go back to just being a member and spending time with his family. At age fourteen I followed in his footsteps and also joined at age 14, and now have been a member for 10 years. I am glad he got me into it, and we still go to meetings and sometimes calls together. It is great!

Comment

My Dad has been in the fire service for about 20 years now, I joined at age 17 and have been in almost 9 years, my sister was in for 5 years and is now a nurse and a paramedic --- the three of us were at incident scenes together over a four year period. I've been on a line with both my Dad and my sister. I'm currently trying to become a career f/f.

Comment

I am a second generation FF with my department. My brother is also a member. Our dad retired as District Chief with about 23 yrs in. I plan to keep the tradition alive. I am also looking to make this a career.
                  K.A. Dempsey
                  [email protected]
                  "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow"

Comment

I am a 3rd generation firefighter. My father was a volunteer firefighter and my grandfather was a forest firefighter up in Montana several years ago. I am currently a volly myself but am testing for a couple of paid departments. I hope my spawn will continue this tradition.

Also we still carry one of those 15 minute MSA shoulder slung SCBAs. Stays in the plastic green box still. It's for extreme backup emergency when all else fails and nothing else will work including holding your breath and praying.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: RyanEMVFD ]

NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
                    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

My father was a wildland firefighter 25 or 30 years ago with the Ecology Corps, back in the day when they didn't have shake 'n' bakes. He has a couple stories to tell about it.
                      My aunt was a paramedic in Oakland and is currently a fire marshall in Eugene. she has quite a few stories to tell.
                      Mom was a vollie back home before we moved to Chi-Town. it's in the blood.
                      I've been trying to talk my brother Tom in to joining, 'cause he would be good at it, but he wants to be an accountant.
                      I've also got a brother who is going into police academy, but I don't talk to him for obvious reasons.

Then there's me.
                      Althea Forhan
                      FDNY 343:"Forever your power and strength stays with me"

Comment

2nd gen.......my Dad was a vollie for RIVERBANK FIRE DEPT before the switch over to the county wide FD STANISLAUS COSILADATED..... He served for 8 years... was gonna be a captian... then we had to move..... he moved to modesto......THEY DIDNT need anymore FF.....they were a PAID DEPT.....

Comment

Hello all, Im 1st generation, followed closely by my oldest daughter, Also my Greatgrand father built the 1st fire engine for Moncton N.B. Hey Fireice Its good to see some local support here finaly
                          J.B.WEIR
                          Summerville Vol Fire Dept
                          Pride In Service !

Comment

I am a third, myself, my dad ,and my grand father worked in the same section of the city and I now work on the same truck that my grandfather retired from. Dad is still on the job, we are on seperate shifts though.
                            Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

Second here. My father was a vollie for 25 years. It gets in your blood.

Comment

I am a 3rd generation Firefighter in South Carolina. My grandfather was Chief of Department with the Saint Andrews Fire Department and my father was a Deputy Chief of the North Charleston District Fire Department. I am now a Captain with the City of North Charleston Fire Department. All of these departments are or were located in the Charleston area of South Carolina.

My grandfather passed away in 1973 and my father retired in 1989. I have another 17 years to go until I can kick back!
                                Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
                                North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
                                "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
                                www.legacyofheroes.org
                                www.firehistory.org
                                www.sconfire.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse