Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all are 2nd generation F/F's or 3rd,4th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I am 4th generation, with all seven in my dad's family running actively. Most of them currently hold positions from Chief on down through the administration. My younger brother just joined and there are two more wanting and waiting to join. We are carring on the tradition of running in the same fire house for another generation.

McCloskey

Comment

I am a second generation firefighter. My dad is still a career ladderman in Logansport, IN. Fire Dept, (32 years)and I volunteer with North Star VFD, AK. the military brought me up here. This is my second dept, I was a volunteer with Gore Hill VFD just outsde Great Falls, MT. for over 5 years. My wife's dad was a career ff in Huntington Beach, CA area back in the 60's, stories about running in LA during the Watts Riots almost unreal. He got out of that and went on to ministering for the Salvation Army where he volunteered in Coos Bay/North Bend OR for a while when they lived there. We don't have any children yet, but I would hope to continue a tradition, however if it doesn't workout o'well.

Be Safe!

------------------
      Dennis Kuritz
      Firefighter/EMT
      North Star VFD

Comment

I am a 2nd generation firefighter and my daughter is 3rd generation on the same dept.

Comment

To all replies,
          Thanks again to all of my dedicated brothers and sisters who opt to continue the tradition. t.c./b.s.

------------------
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
          '99 National Champs #1

Comment

i did it *** backwards, but, have it straight now. I joined the volunteers first and then after a year my father joined. undoubtly, some of the best times we ever had together, outside of golf. my 18 year old son has been an EMT for two years and just joined me in the volunteer fire department. i just hope he enjoys it as much as i do.

------------------
            Mike

Comment

Yeah, I guess I did it bass ackwards too!
              My older brother and I took the test together but I got appointed first Then he came on a couple years later. He drives the ladder truck on my group and is the cook.I was his boss.
              Then my Nephew came on and is now a lieutenant in the same department.
              It's fun working together but it can get complicated too!

------------------
              Good Luck and be careful out there,EXJAKE:-)

[This message has been edited by EXJAKE (edited February 25, 2000).]

Comment

My dad was with the same departnent as I am for 60 years. I've with them for 33 years. We both held the rank of Chief for a number of years. I hope that my son and daughters will also "take up te gauntlet" and become part of the firefighting family.

Be Safe
                Dan

Comment

HEY!! Look what I found a photo of Larry,Curly,and Moe!!

------------------
                  Good Luck and be careful out there,EXJAKE:-)

Comment

I'm a true 4th generation Boston firefighter. My Greatgrandfather started out in 1912. My grandfather in 1944 along with an Uncle, my Dad started in 1969, and is still an active member. I was appointed to the Boston fire dept in 1998. As far as i know I am the only true 4th generation firefighter Bosotn has on the active roster, I do not count my uncle as a generation. I only count Father's.

Comment

BFD1071 HATS OFF TO YOU! I don't think anyone will disagree that that is some kind of heritage. Keep the faith, Brother.

------------------
                      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
                      '99 National Champs #1

Comment

I am a second generation Volunteer. My Dad is an Asst. Chief and is in charge or our Station 1 (of 3 in our department). He has served for 23 years and is still going strong. I joined three years ago after completing my obligations to the USAF (where I served as a security police officer. I changed sides and am now a Lt, also assigned to our department's Station 1. It is a great honor to serve with and learn from one of the best, my father.

My younger brother, a fire inspector with the city fire department got his start 10 years ago as a vollie at our station 1. He moved to the carear department and fought fires for 8 years before moving to the inspectors' division a year ago.

My Stepfathers' dad was also a carear fire fighther retiring from the city department as a Captain.

Comment

I don't know if I am 2nd or not cause my older brothers were before me, anyway my father was a vollie for 50 years and retired as deputy chief in 1991 at the age of 59 due to throat cancer. my brothers' stopped after they got married. I am married and have proudly serving my 15th year as a vollie myself. I am 28 years old and have a daughter and son that really love to ride the trucks. they are 8 & 6 and I hope at least one of them continues the "family tradition"

------------------

Comment

I don't know if I am 2nd or not cause my older brothers were before me, anyway my father was a vollie for 50 years and retired as deputy chief in 1991 at the age of 59 due to throat cancer. my brothers' stopped after they got married. I am married and have proudly serving my 15th year as a vollie myself. I am 28 years old and have a daughter and son that really love to ride the trucks. they are 8 & 6 and I hope at least one of them continues the "family tradition"

------------------

Comment

I am 3rd Generation FF. My dad was a Vol FF and then Asst Chief in our hometown Fire Company in Pa. His dad was the President of the Company when they purchases a Seagrave pumper in the late 20's. The Grandfater had several brothers who were members of the Company.

My father's oldest brother was Chief in Langhorn Pa in the 50's. Both of my brothers are FF's also. The middle one is a Civil Service FF in Md and a Vollie. The youngest hasn't left home and is the Engine Capt for the Company WE ALL began with.

The forth generation is almost a year old now. My son is a vollie with us here in NC. He just finished the last of his classes for his firefighter certification.

Comment

2nd. gen. my father retired as Lt. after 20 yrs. I'm going on 5 yrs as a vol. My only regret is that I did'nt realize firefighting was in my blood until I was too old to be hired as a career firefighter! Oh we'll I still enjoy the brotherhood of being a vol. firefighter!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X