Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all are 2nd generation F/F's or 3rd,4th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IN My Dept. there are 4 father and sons and one father and daughter working together in same Fire Dept. from Plaistow N.H.

Comment

I also am a second generation vollie. My dad started soon after moving to upstate new york with the McLean fd. in nearby Tompkins county. After he went to Vietnam he took about 15 years off before joining up with c'ville. He has held every fire line office in his 18 years with the department. I started in 1990 when I was 13 with the junior firefighters program. I am now 24 and have been a Fire Captain since 1997. I love being a Volunteer.

Comment

My father is still on the job, 34 years at Truck Company 3. I am on the job 8 years at Truck Company 2 and maybe, who knows, my son might end up following in our footsteps. He has Truckee in his blood

------------------
        Kevin M. Fitzhenry, [email protected]
        Firefighter, Truck Co. 2
        City of Bayonne (NJ) FD
        www.bayonne.net/bfd/

[This message has been edited by FitzBFDT2 (edited February 08, 2000).]

Comment

My father is still on the job, 34 years at Truck Company 3. I am on the job 8 years at Truck Company 2 and maybe, who knows, my son might end up following in our footsteps. He has Truckee in his blood.

------------------
          Kevin M. Fitzhenry, [email protected]
          Firefighter, Truck Co. 2
          City of Bayonne (NJ) FD
          www.bayonne.net/bfd/

[This message has been edited by FitzBFDT2 (edited February 09, 2000).]

Comment

I'm a second generation firefighter, just chose a little different path than my dad. He fought forest fires for the US Forest Service in Washington State for a number of years, not my cup of tea.(sorry dad!) He was also a volunteer in the town we lived in, so I'm guessing that's how the structural bug bit me.

Comment

Notice that the Fitz trio is standing in front of an engine. ---- Your esteemed colleague

I'm 2nd Generation, differnt departments.

------------------
              ~Smooth Bore For The Hard Core~

Comment

I guess you could say I'm gonna be a 4th Generation FF my uncles used to be firefighters..and now my brother is a firefighter. I've wanted to be a firefighter ever since I could remember. My uncles used to take me to the stations all the time. But NOW..Time's getting closer...I have 3 yrs to go. I am very active down the firehouse..Cleaning Trucks...the station.Helping out at fundraisers and stuff. and I love it! I am also learning ALOT at the station. But anyway..These 3 yrs are gonna go by fast and I hope my kids will keep the tradition going in the family.Be safe Heres a picture of my "Future Station"

Comment

Well I guess you could say that I'm a second generation ff. due to a cousin and an uncle. My brother-in-law is a true third generation. His grandfather was a chief and then his father was a ff at the dept I work for. This is my wifes brother and family. My sisters husband is a second generation as his uncle is a Lt. at our dept. (my sisters husband a I work for the same dept. on the same shift as does his uncle who is my Lt.) We also have two other family members that are other generation ffs. My wifes uncle and his son with whom I work with along with the above others. I hope that my son or daughter will want to follow in my footsteps cause they both love seeing "daddy" at the firehouse and always enjoy "daddy's fire trucks" Stay safe Jeff

------------------

Comment

I suppose I can consider myself the second generation by way of my Mom's side of the family. My uncle is retired from the Flagstaff, Arizona Fire Department.

------------------
                    Take care and be safe...Lt. Gonzo

Comment

Second gen. here. Dad started as firefighter and retired as chief 27 yrs. later. Ive been on the same dept for 16 yrs and we did get a chance to work together the last few years of his career, and that was great.
                      My son hasnt decided yet and i will not press him. Its not the same as when I started.
                      LT.

Comment

I just got some pretty good news... I've just been assigned where my Dad started, st#17. Like you LT trk106, I got to enjoy a few years working for my Dad before he retired as Chief. Starting mon the 14th I'll be orienting a new Lt at that station. I hope they let me stay... they run alot of fires on a regular basis. Just wanted to spread the good news. Thanks again for all of your responses. T.C./B.S.

------------------
                        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
                        '99 National Champs #1

Comment

Hello from a second generation firefighter from Canada. My dad and I are in the same dept together, him with 17 years of service and me with 3. I hope someday when I have children they will become volunteers too. It is very rewarding and it takes a very special person to do the job.
                          Keep up the good work & stay safe.

Comment

I am a second generation FF, my father is a captain with the VFD fire dept. I run with now. I just recieved my state certs and am all ready applying for my first career postion, all at only 19 yrs of age.

Comment

I'm a 3rd generation in a way. My great uncle had passed the bug on to my father. However, my father "retired" when he was young. That was before I was even thought of. I joined a vol. department on my own and will never regret it. And an intresting side note I have 2 cousins (my fahters blood nephew's) who are also fire fighters. It has to be in the blood or something.

Comment

I am a second generation firefighter. My dad was a volunteer for about 15 years, since then he had retired from answering the calls. I am in my 8th going into my 9th year as a volunteer. He was a captain in the department and so am I now, my 3rd year. I was always interested in the field, everytime his pager would go off I had always raced him to the door hoping he would take me to the firehouse to watch them leave and prayed i could go to. As I was getting involved with fire service he was leaving it. When i joined a new company I am in now, I tried getting him back into it, it didn't work. Currently Im trying to make this my career that I've always dreamed of. It is very interesting to read these about everyone coming into this profession.

Stay Safe and Take Care
                                Capt 86

------------------

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse