X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bke
    replied
    Bob,

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I'm learning as I go. Stay safe.

BKE

Leave a comment:

• FF McDonald
    replied
    Bob -- Thanks for the clarification. I guess we heard it from the horses mouth....

Leave a comment:

• daysleeper47
    replied
    Does FDNY have a film/video/photo unit for things similar to this? I know NYPD does. Are its members firefighters?

Leave a comment:

• rescue2bob
    replied
    The chase car is used to carry the extra people from the film crew who don't fit in the rig. It is also better to have it driven by a member of the company off duty on overtime paid by the film crew who knows where he is going instead of a film crew guy who doesn't. Also better to have a uniformed member driving in case of an accident don't you think. in our case ( rescue 2 ) members of the company were used, what i have noticed though is that other departments used officers don't they make more than us already, give the guys the overtime.

Leave a comment:

• Engine58
    replied
    what a big mystery.... hehe

Leave a comment:

• bke
    replied
    FF McDonald,

I thought of that later today too. I had taped it and watched it again.

BKE

----------------
    America dialed 9-1-1 and they responded...
    FDNY 09.11.01

Leave a comment:

• FF McDonald
    replied
    If they don't allow camera people on their apparatus, then why do they clearly show camera people climbing aboard the apparatus, and who is the guy holding the camera when they are interviewing people in the back of Rescue 2 enroute to a call?

I am not sure - but I would venture a guess that the chase vehicle is to transport the person displaced by the camera person, and to afford another angle for the camera.

But - I don't know -- Just making an educated guess -- but if you watch the episodes- you can see the camera people climbing aboard the apparatus.

Leave a comment:

• bke
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I should have thought of that. Oh well.

BKE

---------------
    America dialed 9-1-1 and they responded...
    FDNY 09.11.01

Leave a comment:

• Engine58
    replied
    Ohhhh so thats why They have those.... Cool...that answered my question too....

Leave a comment:

• 1261Truckie
    replied
    bke,

FDNY does not allow non-FDNY personnel (journalists, cameraperson, etc.) to ride on the apparatus. As an accommodation for film crews, a vehicle is provided for the film crew to ride in enroute to an alarm.

"Lets be careful out there"

Regards to all,

Jim Boyle (aka 1261Truckie)

Leave a comment:

• bke
    started a topic Chase Drivers

Chase Drivers

I was watching The Bravest and saw an episode with FDNY. In it they had chase drivers following the rigs. I'm curious what chase drivers do. Can anybody tell me?

Thanks
    BKE

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X