This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY in the future

Yup, another researcher looking for help, this time for a college essay. My question is: Where do you all see FDNY going from here? What changes will there be? Will procedures at firegrounds be greatly changed? I welcome everyone's thoughts and views on this. Thanks a lot.

I believe that if there is a department out there that can recoop from this big of loss, it is FDNY. I do think there will be some SOP's/SOG's changed, but not just FDNY. I think, obviously, there will be a change in high rise incident procedures. I think every department across the country will be loking at their SOP's/SOG's across the board. But one thing we all accept is this job will never be completely safe.
    K.A. Dempsey
    [email protected]
    "If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow"

Comment

I think FDNY as a whole will survive and move forward, but I think some individuals within FDNY will have a hard time moving on from this horrible incident. Definitely guidelines, and procedures will be looked at and changed...especially in high rise situations..and possibly in command post staging as well....I still cannot believe they setup in the lobby of a burning building. Beyond that I think you will see some younger fresher faces running the FDNY overall and that may be good or bad. Certainly some things will change..you will see new types of equipment out there, and some changes in the way fires are fought...and I think now you will see more women and minorities in the ranks as well. Overall I think they will come through this with flying colors....and I will support them 150% in whatever they do.
      Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

. . . EMS will still be the bastard child of the greatest department around. Everyone is anticipating change and has seen it, except EMS. We still don't have a light at the end of the tunnel.
        May God bless all the people and families who have lost
        their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
        [email protected]firehousemail.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader