X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kyle wickman
    replied
    I kinda like them,its different. I still like to wear my New Yorker though!

Leave a comment:

• BucksEng91
    replied
    Yeah, you're right. Those fighter pilot helmets are funky. The LA helmets are just a little peculiar looking. They make your head look tall and slender.

Anyhow, as long as they protect your melon...me, I'll keep wearing my Cairns New Yorker.

Leave a comment:

• Quint1Medic
    replied
    We wore 'em for a while.
    Pros: they're lightweight, and that goofy-looking short brim on the rear doesn't conk the top of your airpack when you look up or crawl.
    Cons: the goggles we got with them weren't worth much, tightening the helmet means ratcheting your forehead into the front, and without the black edging they look like they're from Toys-R-Us.

Leave a comment:

• apatrol
    replied
    Yep they are rather different...I would save the word funky for those european style/fighter jock helmets

Leave a comment:

• BucksEng91
    replied
    No disrespect intended to our LA City and County brothers, but does anyone else think those helmets look kind of...well....funky?

Leave a comment:

• ENGDOC
    replied
    phenix technology inc.model 1500ca with id bracket for 6inch style shield .fire trader sells them for about $135 dollars 1-800-880-9018

Leave a comment:

• fireman_387
    replied
    They are the Phenix (and spelling is correct)Technologies 1500 series.

Leave a comment:

• WGM241171
    started a topic LA City/County helmets

LA City/County helmets

Does anyone know the make/model of the helmets worn by LA City/County firefighters?

Please don't turn this into a ****ing match of leather versus composite, just looking for some info.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X