This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA City/County helmets

Does anyone know the make/model of the helmets worn by LA City/County firefighters?

Please don't turn this into a ****ing match of leather versus composite, just looking for some info.

They are the Phenix (and spelling is correct)Technologies 1500 series.

Comment

phenix technology inc.model 1500ca with id bracket for 6inch style shield .fire trader sells them for about $135 dollars 1-800-880-9018
      "DID ANY BODY GRAB THE JUMPBAG?"

Comment

No disrespect intended to our LA City and County brothers, but does anyone else think those helmets look kind of...well....funky?

"Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Yep they are rather different...I would save the word funky for those european style/fighter jock helmets

Comment

We wore 'em for a while.
            Pros: they're lightweight, and that goofy-looking short brim on the rear doesn't conk the top of your airpack when you look up or crawl.
            Cons: the goggles we got with them weren't worth much, tightening the helmet means ratcheting your forehead into the front, and without the black edging they look like they're from Toys-R-Us.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. Those fighter pilot helmets are funky. The LA helmets are just a little peculiar looking. They make your head look tall and slender.

Anyhow, as long as they protect your melon...me, I'll keep wearing my Cairns New Yorker.
              "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

I kinda like them,its different. I still like to wear my New Yorker though!
                This space for rent

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X