Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISI VIKING PAKS!! What do you guys think of them???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISI VIKING PAKS!! What do you guys think of them???

My department is looking at the ISI Viking! I was wondering if anybody knows about them? You know pros and cons, weight etc...
    TC.379

One word: Outstanding!!!

They are lightweight, and with their type of harness, when I am crawling around, it doesn't fall forward and hit me in the head. Well worth the money. It has great features such as the low pressure alarm that thumps your back, ambient/tank air switch on the mask, and a voice mic so we can understand each other.
    Craig Walker

Union Strong...Union Proud

An Irishman is the only person in the world who would walk over 12 naked women to get to a bottle of Stout.

Comment

My station has several of the ISI Viking 4500 packs with all the bells and whistles. During the first training we realized that when we keyed up a radio the pass went off. Several weeks later they had a kit to fix that. The voice amplifier is a waste of time, it cuts in and out and is not clear. We have LED lights in the mask to show tank pressure, again of little value. WE will be purchasing 3 new packs in December and they will not be ISI. E-mail me if you have any more questions ([email protected])

Comment

Dont even put any time in to that shi* get the scotts!

Comment

Lt, hate to tell you but the lights in the facepiece will be a requirement in 2002 for all manufacturers, as for the VAS you said it cut in and out, It is set high enough (trying to keep the breathing sounds down) that if you are soft spoken it will tend to turn off and on. The Pass issue is a need for electronic shielding, very common when you have electronic items such as PASS, VAS, Digital readout, and radio transmitting all being used close together. I know of a department that had a problem with a thermal imager's transmitter (different brand) and their radio system, to fix it they had to shield it.

Comment

In my area 95% of the departments either use Scott or MSA with a few using surivair. The best thing to do is get a couple for a couple of days and put them through there paces and see what the other Firefighters think of them. Ask the sales rep for names and numbers of other departments that use that brand of SCBA and talk to them and see what they thoguht. Who knows it may end up being the pack of choice amoung the Firfighters from your Department.

Comment

As I said in another posting, don't waste your time with the ISI Viking airpacks. We had them, (notice the word HAD), and we ran into several problems with them. The Voice Vectors are not worth there weight in spit. As, Lt315 stated, they cut in and out to much. The other problem we had was with the ambient air to tank air switch, not switching from ambient air to tank air. We had several masks do this. Since the night mare with the the ISI airpacks, we finally got the fire chief to let us order SCOTT Fifties.

Comment

We have the ISI Vikings. Ours are the half our bottles, pretty light. We have the hose that plugs directly in and can go to breathing air to room air with the push or pull of a piece on the face mask. We have had no problems with any of the airpacks, i personally love them.
                This is your brain... Pierce
                This is your brain on drugs... E-One

Comment

Ummmmm.......Get SCOTT!!

Comment

I did not know that in 2002 they have to start putting LED lights in the mask.
                    This space for rent

Comment

FD111,
                      The Voice Vector is not made by ISI it is made by Golden West Communications in Washington state. Don't forget Scott used them also. As for the AirSwitch, were they hitting at it and not pressing it down, or (and I have seen this happen)are they forgetting to close the AirSwitch?

Comment

Look at the biggest jobs in the country...only 2 or 3 large outfits use something other than Scott.

Comment

Scott Scott Scott Scott!!!!!!!!!!
                          My comments posted here do not reflect the views of my department.

Comment

MSA is the way! Their new packs kick ***!
                            Volunteer(noun): Completely Under-paid Professional

Comment

MSA--Sorry doesn't supply enough air
                              Survivair--Suprise Air
                              SCOTT--Not bad, but I don't like the way the cylinder's neckhas a bracket and is required to be fastened to the rack, wouldn't allow for unlike cylinders to be utilized.

I thank all of you for you comments on the forums and E-Mails and I have purchased the ISI Magnum with upgraded air switch. Once weiging the pros and cons the ISI will be easier maintained and has been more upgradable friendly of the past years.

NOTE: I love reading and utilizing these forums especially when they don't turn into a p---ing contest.

Once again thanks for everyones help.
                              Sincerely

Chief, William C Allison II
                              Tazewell County Fire Department, Station I

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader