This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTC box?

Anyone know the box number assigned to 9/11?

I seem to recall box 2033....???? correct me if I'm wrong.

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: willy thompson ]
    Willy T
    Teaneck FD
    NJ

***my views and opinions do not relect that of my department***

NEW YORK CITY
    VESEY ST. & CHURCH ST.
    FIRE ALARM BOX NO. 8087

STRUCK AT
    8:42 A.M.
    9-11-01

FDNY
    SIGNAL 5 - 5 - 5 - 5
    In Memory of Those
    Who Made the
    SUPREME SACRIFICE
    WORLD TRADE CENTER
    9-11-01
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

I thank you Sir.....
      Willy T
      Teaneck FD
      NJ

Comment

Actually I am a maam...but that's OK...you are very welcome!!!
        Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

My apologies....just the same...Thank You
          Willy T
          Teaneck FD
          NJ

Comment

Hey not a problem...just figured I would clear it up for future communications. Take care and have a nice weekend!

Comment

Ok here is a question that no one seems to answer.How do you get 0 on a bell alarm????I know how you get the others but that one has stymied soom of us in nobell territory.

Comment

In our town...Every street corner has a designated box number...we call them "phanthom boxes" (record keeping information) Perhaps this is one of those boxes...I dont know...perhaps a city boy would be more helpful in answering your question.....good question by the way...never dawned on me...
                Willy T
                Teaneck FD
                NJ

Comment

66-55-8087

Anyone watch 3rd Watch...they announced Box 8097...anyone know why??
                  Mike DeVuono
                  FF/EMT

"There are few atheists inside a burning building."

These are my opinions and not those of my department.

Comment

The box, 8087, was a Manhattan ERS Box. ERS is the non-telegraph push button voice alarm box. ERS=Emergency Reporting System. Manhattan and the Bronx are 100% ERS Boxes while the other boros(Brooklyn, Staten Island and Queens) still have a mix of both ERS and Telegraph.
                    Kevin M. Fitzhenry
                    Captain, Rescue Company 1
                    City of Bayonne (NJ) Fire Department

Comment

On the subject of the box Number...
                      I understand a fifth alarm was immediately assigned to the World Trade Center. Is this correct? Was a second fifth alarm put on for Tower Two? I have read in the FDNY Operations Manual the standard response for a fifth alarm high rise. Were there any extra alarms or extra responses (Collapse Rescue, Marine Cos, additional companies etc) made after the second tower was hit? I noted that hctrouble 25 indicated the box was struck at 8.42am...the media were reporting tower one was struck at 8.45 am. Was this just an approximation? Also a website of 911 calls puts the first 911 call in at 8.47 am. Did FDNY receive notification via 911 or an automatic alarm?
                      Thankyou.

GOD BLESS THE FALLEN.
                      GOD, WE PRAY, NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN.

Comment

As far as I know, on a telegraph alarm system, the number 10 is used as a zero in a box number.
                        Cincinnati F.D. History Site
                        Society for the Preservation & Appreciation of Antique Fire Apparatus in America
                        Youngstown Fire Forums - 40,000+ photos of Apparatus, Fire Scenes, etc.

Comment

upon a bit of research, I have found that Box 2033 (that I mentioned in my original post) was struck for a 5th alarm at one of the towers. Whether this was the original box or the second box that was transmitted is still unanswered....will continue to do my research..............
                          Willy T
                          Teaneck FD
                          NJ

Comment

Thank you Steve I Have always wondered how they did that.I do believe that there was a marine company on scene(well in the river lets not get picky over semantics:P)plus you had both HRU's the collapse truck ,Haz Mat and SOC so you had nearly every special unit( I did see every Rescue there)so here is a question.Who covered the rest of the city?Were out of town units used to fill in like Yonkers?

Comment

To Truckie at Ladder Co 147 and Willy,

Just a short note to say thanks to both of you guys. Any additional info you can come up with Willy would be very much appreciated.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X