X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNT TOOL

Comment

well this is kinda of a tool but kinda of not but i'd have to say radios. It saves walking back and forth plus on interior team it lets the chief how your doing. To me that's one object/tool that i couldn't live without.
      now far as Axes go (you guys will laugh about this) but once i was on interior team
      I forgot the Axe outside (i know my fault) but we didn't have time to go back out so i said heck with it we're go in. my partner gave me that look like "what are you talking bout" so first i did the always trusty doorknob check it was fine i gave him the signal to stand back. I'm a big guy(6 ft 6 290-300 lbs) So this was a hollow wood door. so i take off running at the door then at then hit it with my side and arm took the door down. i get out the fire then and my partner said dude that was awesome Human Axe
      . I know if that would have been solid wood door i wouldn't have a shoulder left but i was lucky. so I got the nickname Axe.
      my second favorite tool is probably Drop tanks(for all the no hydrant f.d. out there) it doesn't take up a lot of space plus you can dump tankers fast with that

Comment

Give me a haligan and a good flat head axe and you can breach anything from a front door to a brick wall

Comment

The most important tool out there is your brain. That is the tool that I most prefer.

Stay safe all my follow Brothers and Sisters

Comment

It's a little boring and unsophisticated, I know...but the sledge hammer gets my vote. I've never met a door yet it couldn't get through, FAST!

STAY SAFE AND PLEASE LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER, EVERYBODYS.

God Bless all, from your brothers "down under"

Comment

I would have loved to have been there when a FDNY chief said to one of his firefighters "Halligan, me boy, tell me about this wonderful new tool of yours!"
              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Sledge hammer and a short pike pole.
                See you on the big one
                Billy Reiter, 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Comment

Well, I've seen duct tape, radio's, and a brain posted so far so I'm going with a good ole Federal Q crank up Siren. Nothing clears the way quite like one. Our electric 100w siren's don't come close, but step on that Q and the world takes notice. Working in a town that has long had a reputation of old folks city (St. Petersburg FL.) I can say we have great success with the "ole reliable" Q.

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: Billy Mott ]

Comment

pickhead axe for me, polished and oiled not painted.

Comment

I didnt see this answer yet but i think its the best, My head, no im not gonna breach a wall with it, but you defintely need to do the job right and safetly. good answer? i thought so, not bad for a youngster eh

Comment

a flashlight!

(Hell, I'm a vollie, most of our calls are after dark!)

but for the heavy metal, I like the closet hook or the halligan.

(and yes, the head seems to be a given. )

stay safe,
                        Nik

Comment

I'm with you Billy Mott, gimme the switch for the Q2B Federal and a good set of Buhl air horns and nothing stands between you and the fire

Comment

YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAA..... its not the size of the tool, but how you use it

Comment

For roof work I like the 8 lb. Kelly axe myself. Enough weight to chop, easy to throw in your belt when your done. Forceable entry is the irons, or in some cases just a well placed donkey kick. Extrication and disentanglement, Hurst all the way. Good topic

Comment

Boston rake for me...
                                Mike DeVuono
                                FF/EMT

"There are few atheists inside a burning building."

These are my opinions and not those of my department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X