Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THATS A CHIEF FOR YOU! Why dont you put one on his.

Comment

It's pretty sad that your chief won't let you have things on your helmets. Are you allowed anything or is the helmet plain. Pacman I understand where your coming from but doesn't the Chief make up the rules I know we have two Chiefs and what they say goes. I hope you fight hard for our brothers and sisters who died in WTC. Keep that sticker on show your pride

god bless

Comment

Hers an update for everyone: well me and another firefighter were told we have to take off the stickers or we will be brought up on charges and then possibly could be thrown out. But we plan to keep it on, to show our pride and respect to our brothers. I am urging eveyone that reads this to help us by sending a post card to the chief. the reason we want a post card is so the clerk can read it also and the chief just can't hide it and it will only cost $.18. send all your thoughts and comments to:

Village of Depew Fire Chief
        85 Manitou
        Depew,NY 14042

Help plaese!!!!The more the better

Comment

Manitou ?????

Street, Road

is there anything else that needs to go on there. I am waiting to send this guy a note!
          Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
          North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
          "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
          www.legacyofheroes.org
          www.firehistory.org
          www.sconfire.com

Comment

sorry its

Village of Depew Fire Chief
            85 Manitou St.
            Depew,NY 14042

Comment

Put the damn sticker on your helmet, turn out for fires and put the debate to bed. If the Chief doesn't like it, tell him to cut your pay.

Comment

Why is the issue of a sticker such a big issue with your chief? Is your dept. so 100% perfectly in tune that he has no other pressing issues to occupy his time than complaining about a sticker to honor over 300 guys who got killed on the job?

Does your dept. have an accountability system? Does every FF have fireground survival training? Is a properly trained RIT team on scene at every working fire you have? Are your radios, paks, trucks, etc. top of the line to make your job the safest for you? Go tell your chief to worry about these issues not some bullsh#@ ego trip telling guys who are trying to do the right thing to take a sticker off their helmet.

Reading this topic & hearing what this chief is doing really ****es me off...particularly because I just went to a funeral for a guy I know for 15 years who got killed @ the WTC as an ESU cop, his brother (FDNY) is still missing, not to mention the 300 other brothers, plus 30+ cops so yeah I have a BIG problem with somebody disrespecting their memory.

Tell your chief to come down to the NYC/LI area & see the amount of funerals going on.
                Let me him see the local VFD's that are trying to go to 4 & 5 funerals a day while still handling our call volume. Better yet, let him stay home (he'd get his [email protected]# kicked saying that around here anyway)
                & read the obituaries - there's about 5 or more a day listed just for the FF's alone - really wanna smarten him up - have him read how many kids are left without a father - almost every one I've heard had 2 or more kids....do the math, that's a lot of kids without a daddy. News flash - The money from those stickers he's bit#$ing about goes to the widows & kids fund....

What an idiot...I hope every single person who reads the FH.com forums sends this moron a postcard & tells him to get a life.

Just my two cents...thanks for letting me vent...

Above all else, remember....Stay Safe.

Comment

You need to wet that Chief, shove that sticker in his mouth, and tell him he should have much greater things to deal with if he is a "real" Chief. I guess in a 1000 man department we don't sweat the small stuff. Our chief's, I think we have 38 of them, wouldn't touch that kind of crap with a 40 ft pike pole. Tell him we will use our tickets to fly there instead of NY and sticker his sorry ***. Sorry I hate stupid people, non fireman, appointments.
                  Just My Opinion

Comment

Hi there heres another update on the sticker thing. Now all our trucks in our department were issued FDNY stickers, but not on helmets. And I guess the reason for the truck stickers is cause all the chiefs vehicles had them and not the trucks. the chiefs are just playing there games

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: pak-man ]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X