This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making us take our FDNY stickers off

Recently me and other fellow firefighter bought some FDNY memorial stickers from scon fire and we all put them on our helmets. Well now our chief says they have to come off!!Because they are NOT UNIFORM with the rest of the department. How about that. So we can't so any rememberance to FDNY on our helmet because IT IS NOT UNIFORM. COME ON. What does everyone else think of this???

Have everyone else get them..then all the helmets will look alike, ie., uniform!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

just five other guys. on our own NY style helmets too. And we all have different fronts that aren't uniform but when it comes to stickers they say no. I think they just have nothing else to worry about.

[ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: pak-man ]

Comment

pak-man,

What's the worst your chief can do to you if you don't take the stickers off?

If it is a suspension, then you should comply. However, if he's just gonna bust your [email protected]!!s, leave it on.

The FDNY brothers deserve to be remembered.

I also like Captain Gonzo's suggestion.

Regards,
        1261Truckie

Comment

I like Capt. Gonzo's idea. If need be I'll help and pitch in for everyone to get them. Truckie is right when he says that our Borhters from FDNY need to be remembered.

code_blue81
          Jeremy Culver
          IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
          www.helpingourown.com
          "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Comment

The idea was metioned when he told the one guy and he got really mad. and said no, and that mad things worse. My department it like this, the chiefs get everything, the best of everything and the firefighter get whats left. They get all new radio's and portables and the trucks have portables from the 70's that look like a brick. the chiefs also have a "special frquency" just for them to talk on, no trucks have this frquency.

Comment

Pak
              volunteer or paid dept.?

what state?
              The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Comment

NY and its volunteer

Comment

Pak,
                  You give me the name of the Chief and a Phone Number, and i will call him and give him a piece of my mind, unless you think this would get you in trouble. Call your local paper and make him look like a ***.
                  I'll do it for you, Chiefs that are wroung don't scare me. Vote him out next time, you got the power. E Mail me directly if you wish. Stay safe my upstate Brother!!!!
                  BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
                  Fire Fighter/Driver
                  TLVFD, NY

Comment

In our department chief is a 12 year term. 6 diferent company's. so you spend 2 years at 9-5 and eventually move up to 9. total of 12 years. by this time these cjiefs forget where tey came from and who put them in this position. and the joke is there are no course requirements to be an officer or chief, just one year as captain. nice isn't. so any idiot can be chief. I would like to put it in the paper but I sure something would happen to me as being brought up on charges, they love doing that. The last guy that told the chief he didn't know what he was doing got brought up on charges.

[ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: pak-man ]

Comment

Sounds like he is rearranging deck chairs on the titantic!!!!!

Comment

We ran into the same problem, however we came up with the compromise with our chief to keep them on till the last brother is found.

Stay Safe

Comment

While I understand the thoughts and feelings behind the stickers (and I am waiting for mine as I type this) you must remember that you are representing more then just yourself and your personnal feelings when you wear the uniform. Most departments require permission PRIOR top adding items to the uniform/protective clothing/helmts. Maybe if this was done first, rather then have the chief have to say something and the guy give him attitude .....

At some point we will have to stop using 9-11-01 as an excuse to do whatever we feel is appropriate. But .... we must never forget either.
                          Tom
                          The Fire Service ... where there is a right way, a wrong way, the Chief's way, the Deputy's way, the Captain's way, the Lieutenant's way ....

Comment

FYI: After reading this forum tonight, I called and spoke with Captain Grant Mishoe (owner of www.sconfire.com) who sold you the stickers. He has PLENTY left and is willing to help you if you are wanting to get some more (so everyone in your department will have them).

He advised to e-mail him directly at [email protected] or visit our site at www.sconfire.com.

Good luck!

Comment

I'd just quietly continue to wear the sticker...don't make a big deal out of it. If he's stupid enough, let him make it a big deal then you go into protest mode. Oh yeah, then vote him out at the next election. Talk about choosing the wrong battle to fight. This chief must be an idiot.

If you're a vollie department what's he gonna do to you, suspend half the membership? Take away your birthday?

Chief: Relax, pal. There's a saying..."Don't sweat the small stuff." Ever hear of it?

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: NozzleHog ]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X