• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag stolen by PA Volunteers?

Brothers,

Has anyone seen or heard this story?

[BOLD]
    BETHLEHEM TOWNSHIP (PA) -- An American flag that a Bethlehem Township firefighter found on a damaged fire engine in the rubble of the World Trade Center and brought home has ignited a controversy as a New York fire station tries to get it back.

With the last of the funerals for the station's lost firefighters coming up Saturday, the station's commander says it's time for the flag to come home.

The flag, from a truck in Engine Company No. 3 of the Fire Department of New York City, was removed when 15 Bethlehem Township Fire Company volunteers went to New York to help after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks....

Full Article[/BOLD]

Being from Pennsylvania myself, this absolutely sickens me. To think that brother firefighters would take something off of what had instantly become a shrine to the lost members of Engine Co. 3 is almost inconceivable.

It pretty much reinforces my belief that people like that had no business even going to New York City in the first place. Sounds to me like they went for a little publicity and to pick up some personal momentos.

Anyone else have some thoughts?

Todd
    "Greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends."

15 Truck,
    Read the posting "More Stupid FF tricks"
    I think the subject line says it all!

Very sad...
    Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
    North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
    "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
    www.legacyofheroes.org
    www.firehistory.org
    www.sconfire.com

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn't see the thread that was already started on this topic. This issue still jerks my chain though.

WebTeam: if you want to delete this thread, go ahead.

Todd
      "Greater love hath no man than this; that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X