Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This incident will not stop me from giving to the Red Cross, for without them who would fill the void. The Red Cross preforms a vital service throughout the United States providing food ,shelter and medical care during natural diasters or those caused by man.

Maybe if we donated to the Red Cross before diasters struck they would be better able to set aside money for future incidents which are sure to come.

Comment

FFNola,

I am not saying to get rid of them, or if you want donate to them, that's fine. I do think ,though, that thier upper adminstration policies need to be revamped and changes need to be made. They have done some good here in south west LA, but it is funny how when we have a dive call out in one parish, they are there with bells on, yet in another parish on a long fire call, you never see them.
      Craig Walker

Union Strong...Union Proud

An Irishman is the only person in the world who would walk over 12 naked women to get to a bottle of Stout.

Comment

Tank06 -

I want to let you know that I'm embarrassed for the treatment you encountered with Red Cross. I'd want someone to tell me about stuff like that because I would do something about it. It isn't the Red Cross I believe in or how I respond as a member of the Red Cross.

Every organization is as good as its people. I believe that the Salvation Army is a good organization.....yet, it my town the Salvation Army took the donated toys and food for local families and kept it or sold the items. Yes, the people were charged. The organization....Salvation Army....lost all the trust the community had in what they do. So, what you say makes sense to me. And I know my sincere horror and apologies does not take away want you are feeling - I do hope you know that no all of us are like what you went through. I still believe in the Salvation Army because it was the people that saw an opportunity to be selfish and didn't care the effect and pain it would cause....

Keep Safe.

P.S. I like your quotes following your message.
        "Dance as though no one is watching you, Love as though you have never been hurt before, Sing as though no one can hear you, Live as though heaven is on earth."
        - Unknown

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X