This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT IF IT NEVER HAPPENED?

AFTER READING AN ARTICLE IN MEN JOURNAL (NOV 01) I STARTED TO THINK WHAT IF THIS NEVER HAPPENED (9-11) WHERE WOULD THE FIRE SERVICE BE? WOULD WE BE ASKING THE GOVERNMENT FOR FUNDING FOR MUCH NEEDED FIREFIGHTERS? WHAT ABOUT NFPA 1710? WOULD WE STILL HAVE SUBPAR TERRORISM TRAINING, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WOULD WE AS AMERICANS COME TOGETHER, WITHOUT THIS ATTACK(S)

I DON'T MEAN TO COME OFF WRONG JUST EXPRESSING MY HONEST FEELINGS

We'd all be where we were on 9/10/01 and that would be fine by me!

Comment

I could be wrong and I know that it's happened alot(at least according to my fiance) but I don't think the fire service would be as united now. For example, before 9-11 most of the volunteer services here just did not get along. They would gripe about being called for mutual aid and woudn't even think about talking to someone from a different squad at conferences. It just seems like 9-11 has not only brought the country together, but also the fire service as well.
      Just my 2 cents there.

code_blue81
      Jeremy Culver
      IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
      www.helpingourown.com
      "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Comment

Gotta concur with e229lt: The price exacted for greater focus on firefighter issues was WAY too high! I long for the 'good old days' preceding Black Tuesday.

Comment

I can see what flame5, and code_blue81 are saying but I agree with E229lt and oldE6man it cost us too much. I would gladly go back to like it was on 9/10 if it meant that all of those people were still alive.
          Shawn M. Cecula
          Firefighter
          IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

NOW THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. WE AS FIREFIGHTERS (BE A PROBIE, OR THE CHIEF) NEED TO BE PRO-ACTIVE IN OUR DEPTS. OUR COMMUNITY, AND OUR NATION. WHY DO WE NEED SOMETHING BAD TO HAPPEN, TO GET THE BALL ROLLING.
            WE AS THE FIRST TO CALL, AND LAST TO LEAVE, SEEMED TO AT TIMES GET THE SH$T END OF THE STICK. NOW THAT EVERONE HAS TAKEN THEIR HEAD OUT OF THEIR ASSES AND TAKEN NOTICE, I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO THEM "IT'S TO LATE"!!!! "BUT IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP", "THEN HELP, AND DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER, AND YOU SURE AS HELL GIVE BETTER GIVE 110%"!
            I JUST HOPE OUR GOVERNMENT DOESEN'T PLACE US IN THE BACK BURNERS LIKE BEFORE, WHEN IT IS SO CALLED SAID AND DONE ON THEIR PART, BECAUSE YES IT WAS TO COSTLY

WE MUST REMEMBER THE PAST, AND WORK EVEN HARDED FOR OUR FUTURE.

AS BEFORE BROTHERS, AND SISTER LET'S KEEP IT AT 110%

AND AGAIN MY APOLOGIES IF THIS OFFENDS YOU OR OUR FALLEN BROTHERS. IN NO WAY IS THIS WRIGHTEN TO OFFEND, ONLY JUST A THOUGHT

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: FLAME5 ]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X