This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Uniforms?

Is there any depts out there that have Class-A Uniforms without Jackets/Blazers. We have shirts, pants and ties but no jackets. The jackets we are we have are our "colors". The kind with a large picture on the back and out dept name. What is your dept wearing?
    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
    Fire Fighter/Driver
    TLVFD, NY

I asked a similar question in the after-memorial forum. My husband and I only have dress blues.

waiting to hear from others,
    Nikki

** Never Forgotten **

Comment

You should send an e-mail to [email protected] and ask them to clarify.

This is just my opinion but it seems to me like they are just trying to prevent people from trying to march in turnouts or jeans and "co-ed naked firefighting" t-shirts, etc.
      FTM-PTB-DTRT

Comment

WTFD......... I did just that, they said wear whatever as long as it seems appropriate(SP?) I was just courious what depts where wearing that didn't have any jackets/blazers......
        BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
        Fire Fighter/Driver
        TLVFD, NY

Comment

I even saw some uniforms for a visiting FD [can't remember who there was so many] a couple of weeks ago that were grey. If that's your dress uniform, I'd be amazed if they said no to you. Clean, neat, and respectful should be the key, but clear any non-blue, non-coat uniforms with the IAFF help line to be sure.

Comment

It's gonna suck if I get to go. No blazers and a summer uniform. Short sleeved shirts. I may just wear my suit jacket or see if I could snag a color guard blazer from someone who isn't going.
            HELL YEAH!!!
            The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

Comment

At Worcester, many of vollie outfits (including mine) marched with our uniforms (which at the time where dress pants and short sleeve uniform shirt) with our nylon sateen jackets. Not as sharp as a full "Class A" with blouse and all, but still respectable.

Since we've upgraded slightly, with a black Uniform style wool sweater and tie. It does look surprisingly sharp.

I think it's understandable not everyone can afford a full blown Class A. Our current uniform dress pants/shirt/belt/badge/hat/sweater comes in around $175/member. A dress jacket & coat badge to make it a true Class A setup would *add* another $300-400 per member...yep, we'd like that eventually but it's a big expense.

If it's your "Class A" uniform and it's presentable and respectful, I wouldn't think the organizers would have a problem with it.
              IACOJ Canine Officer
              20/50

Comment

Yeah, where we're from it's "district shirt and whatever clean pants you've got". I'll try that wool sweater thing--sure sounds sharp.
                Althea Forhan
                FDNY 343:"Forever your power and strength stays with me"

Comment

see i was wondering the same thing. I have our light blue short sleeve dress shirt, black kakis, balck belt,and black shoes. sure i would like to have a class A uniform for this occasion but i cant afford it. I wrote them and they said what i was good. ... but would i still be able to go in the procession.. i took it as a eys because they told me it was all right. thanks
                  Always remember those who have went before us.

Comment

I don't care if the guy or girl next to me in the procession is wearing dress blues, a class A, class B, or a squad jumpsuit...as long as they look presentable and wear their "colors and uniforms" proudly to show their support of our fallen. That is all that matters to me!

I attend many parades so I luckily have a dress uniform from top to bottom including jacket, tie, shoes, etc. Some of our other members do not because they don't attend many parades...if they want to wear their dress blues along side of me I don't mind....it is all about showing our support and coming together for our love of the fire and emergency services. See you all there!!!
                    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

many thanks for the great responses in here. I don't feel so bad about having just the short-sleeved dress blues (though, I'm thinking we'd best look into that wool sweater, since there was already snow on the ground here last night!)

stay safe,
                      Nikki

Comment

SO WHAT IF YOU DONT HAVE A DRESS "CLASS A" SOME DEPTS CANT AFFORD THEM WHICH IS JUSTIFIED. IF YOUR GOING IN A GROUP DRESS ALIKE AND ACT THE PART. THERE IS PRIDE IN UNIFORMITY. SHORT SLEEVE, LONG SLEEVE, KILT, WHO CARES ITS THE MESSAGE OF SUPPORT FOR THE FALLEN AND THEIR FAMILIES. THERE SHOULDNT BE ANY ANIMOSITY TOWARD A FIRE FIGHTER WHO IS WEARING DRESS APPAREL AS OPPOSED TO A DRESS UNIFORM. ITS IN THE ACTIONS AND AND IN THE ATTITUDE. JUST DONT WEAR JEANS AND A T-SHIRT. IF YOU ARE THERE AND YOU SEE A FIRE FIGHTER IN A NON CLASS A UNIFORM TREAT HIM THE SAME AS YOU WOULD A MEMBER OF THE HONOR GUARD, CHANCES ARE HE PAID HIS OWN WAY THERE AND IS THERE TO PAY HIS RESPECTS TO THE FALLEN.
                        YES I AM A PROFESSIONAL FIRE FIGHTER AND YES I AM IN THE UNION

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X