This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHVFR25,

I read throught this entire forum several times and your statement to the firemonkey......i double dog dare you to find one sentence where he says he is better than you. So...... now i call you an idiot not because your a vollie but because you dont pay attetion and jump to conclusions. According to my experience most states are covered by vollies in 60-70% of each state however the majority of your population is in the remaining 30-40% (in the larger cities). Thought I would put that into perspective for you.
    Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

Union guy, please - do tell. Main offenders? Sorry, more like trying to get a word in edge wise. These postings have become nothing more than that of name calling, I'm better that you, etc. Take a good look at what is being drudged up recently . . . that's what I did, and that's why this thread should be CLOSED!!!

I haven't made attacks, or attempted another paid vs volly crusade, or something petty and futile like that because we are all brothers - paid or volunteer.

So please, by all means, explain yourself to me - either here or in an email. I'd like to know.

[email protected]

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: toneloc177 ]
      May God bless all the people and families who have lost
      their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
      [email protected]

Comment

toneloc177,

I meant that as I read through all of the forum enteries you posted....you sound like mr angry long island vollie and firemonkey sounds like angry former bronx guy. I have no doubt that 99.9% of the people both professional and vollie that showed up at the wtc had noble AND sinncere intentions. I am curious how much stuff made it out of the ruble in the bunker pockets of fire fighters as little mementos???? i was not attacking anyone I know that its odd not to attack in this forum where everyone is throwing crap like a sport. I suggest that before this really turns into a vollie professional issue (which in my opinion already has) quit the damn bitchin and move on to something else. lets go to the fire tactics forum and talk roof venting OR SOME OTHER TOPIC OF DEBATE. Lets let this thing rest. As far as I can see the flag was returned, and in typical FDNY fashOn... no fanfare, no press conference, they just wanted the flag. I salute FDNY for their mature ways. SO I GUESS I WILL SEE THE MONKEY THE MEDIC AND TONLOC IN THE TACTICS SECTION WHERE WE CAN GET TO THE MEAT AND GRIT OF TRUE FIRE FIGHTING AND TO THE HEART OF WHATS INSIDE OF US ALL.

Comment

umm, err......I think I'm gonna go get that Guinness now............

Let's close this out with a few pints for the brothers, shall we?
          Guinness....a meal in a can!
          IACOJ, Flatlander Division

Comment

It's too bad this has digressed into a career vs. volunteer issue when it's really just a question of ethical behavior.

The vast majority of us in this job, career and volunteer, are honest and dedicated. I started this thread to call attention to the actions of a very small group whose actions bring discredit to our profession in the hope that the negative publicity generated would prevent such occurences in the future, not to start a war between two factions.

With that in mind, found this on another website...

Fire and emergency services
            Code of Ethics

-To strive to recognize the importance and honor my profession.
            -To conduct personal and official life so as to inspire public confidence.
            -To prevent personal gain or profit from being the object of my endeavors in whatever position I will hold.
            -To judge my fellow firefighters by standards that I myself hold, and to never jeopardize the safety of my fellow firefighters.
            -To regard it as my duty to posses adequate knowledge to perform my job and avail myself opportunities to learn more about my profession.
            -To avoid alliances with persons or businesses whose goals are inconsistent with the performance of a firefighter.
            -To never claim unjustly qualifications I do not possess.
            -To share publicity equally with fellow firefighters whether favorable or unfavorable
            -To pledge loyalty to my supervisors, fellow firefighters and to the organization that I represent.
            -To bear constantly in mind that the truth is to be sought before the case is made, so that the stature of ____ Fire Department firefighters can be enhanced rather than tarnished.

Comment

WHY SHOULD THERE BE TALKS TO RETURN THE FLAG. SEND THE FLAG BACK NOW!!!!!!!!
              WHY ARE GUYS FROM PEN. IN NEW YORK, FREELANCING IS WHAT IS SOUNDS LIKE TO ME? IF YOU CAN'T CONDUCT YOUR SELF WITH PRIDE AND COMMON SENSE STAY HOME.

Comment

They gave the flag back.

Stay Safe

Comment

Ok Mr. Windy city union guy . . . , just kidding. Listen, i truely appreciate your post, and believe that this is a dead issue, and like you said, we should move on.

(As I have now whether I want to or not, being as how another plane crashed in my response area at work, in the now not so quiet area of Rockaway. Jes, 16 hours there, and yet I have time to sit here, type this, sip my beer . . . (sip), and light up yet another cigarette.)

Thanks for responding in a calm, well thought out manner. Be safe!
                  their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

e-mail always accepted @
                  [email protected]

Comment

UNIONPROUD, It is rather obvious that "professional" firefighters are always bashing as you say vollies,the way I see it we all have the same job to do.So my suggestion is this stop bashing volunteer fire fighters, we are not all thieves and liars as a matter of fact I work for the sheriffs department here full time so its kind of hard to be a "crook" if you catch my drift

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: SHVFR25 ]

Comment

SHVFR25,

Oh Lordy Lordy, here we go again with the "everyone always" statements not all professional fire fighters pick on vollies. Be secure enough in what you do not to have to respond to statements by a select few.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

If you will allow it and read it, a few points:

1. In this sea of fighting and bickering there have been a few who posted burps of reason. I have put off posting on this topic because of all of the fighting. But now that I have read through the entire thing, I have decided to post some more reason.
                        2. I have to wonder what those lost in the WTC Disaster would think if they read this thread. I think that they would sit in front of the computer and cry... I wouldn't blame them a bit if they did.
                        3. There have been a few apologies made and that was a welcome sight.
                        4. Someone said they were glad the public hasn't seen this. I for one agree. I am not a FF yet, I am still in college. Therefore, I am a civilian for the time being. I am embarassed for this thread and others like it. I came to these forums to learn all I could from you ladies and gentlemen.
                        5. There have been more worth while threads than bad ones. Unfortunately this one turned into one of the bad ones.
                        6. The language on these forums has become very bad in the last two months. I wish all of you would correct your behavior for the sake of your reputations as FFs and the Profession itself. Using *** and ***, come on guys, we know your mad but we can still tell what these words are.
                        7. Zimpfer was wrong, the FDNY has their flag back, and its over.
                        8. As for the Guinness, I think I will need several, after all of this. For the Vollies and Paid alike, I will drink a beer with any of you. Bartender, if you please.......

BKE
                        ------------
                        America dialed 9-1-1 and they responded....
                        FDNY 09.11.01

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: bke ]

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: bke ]
                        BKE
                        Proud to be an American.

"No animals were used in the posting of this thread. Two sticks of bubble gum and a hulahoop yes, animals no..."

Comment

toneloc177,

YOu said that the plane came down in your response area, i read several guys were hurt with no details as to how bad, I pray you were not one of them. write us back and at least set my mind at ease.

Comment

After reading this thread I read somethig polite and refreshing the Jr.FF forums. Check it out and see how gentlemen carry on conversations
                            J.B.WEIR
                            Summerville Vol Fire Dept
                            Pride In Service !

Comment

unionproud, thanks man. I set up a thread on the topic of the plane crash on 11-14. Feel free to check it out, and leave a comment or two there. That goes for anyone!

No one I know was hurt, a few cops I know from work I helped triage (smoke inhal, etc.), but they should be home by now for sure.

e-mail always accepted @
                              [email protected]

Comment

FIREMONKEY YOU ARE THE MAN, LETS GOTO THERE VOLLIE HOUSE AND TAKE THERE FLAG!!!! AND TELL THEM WE WERE GONNA SEND IT TO THEM AS A SHRINE FOR CHRISTMAS

UNION BROTHERS FOR EVER

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X