This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medic129,
    I WAS JUST RIBBING A LITTLE, ITS BEEN A LONG TIME RUNNING JOKE IN MY DEPT. ABOUT MEDICS AND I AM A UNION FF/MEDIC AS WELL. AFTER READING SOME OF MY EARLIER POSTS I COULD SEE MYSELF GETTING A LITTLE MORE ****ED AT EACH STATEMENT ON THE FORUM SO YEAH I PROBABLY DO NEED TO TAKE IT DOWN A NOTCH AND QUIT STABBING AT THE WRONG PEOPLE. SO CONSIDER ME CALM AND RATIONAL NOW.
    YES I AM A PROFESSIONAL FIRE FIGHTER AND YES I AM IN THE UNION

Comment

Firemonkey, please, one thing, stop typing in all CAPS!

Thanks

and Wheelman1619, I invite you to drive your sorry *** to Geigertown, PA (if you can find it) or Elverson, PA to the firehouse and show me exactly where all of our "stolen" goods are. Last I checked we had all old helmets, melted lenses from trucks etc. in our show cases along with parade trophies, that's about it!

so sorry to kill your idiotic stereotype of the "typical" volunteer
      There are three truths in life:

1. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
      2. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
      3. Two Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Comment

Hmmm...before we continue this little volunteer-bashing session, everyone please read this brief excerpt from a New York Post article......

From the New York Post, September 23, 2001September 23, 2001 -- The three soot-covered firefighters whose Iwo Jima-style raising of Old Glory amid the ruins of the World Trade Center raised the hopes of the nation do not want to be singled out as heroes.

But, like the six servicemen in the immortal World War II image, their simple act has come to symbolize the nation's resolve to defeat terrorism.

"The picture is enough," Firefighter Danny McWilliams told The Post. "It was a great morale booster. But we're all in agreement that's all it needs.

"I couldn't name one of the guys in Iwo Jima and we don't think our names are necessary," added McWilliams, an 11-year veteran now with Ladder Co. 157 in Flatbush. "It was just three guys with an idea."

It was McWilliams, 35, seen at the photo's center, who spotted a flag on a yacht bobbing near the World Financial Center.

Firefighters had just spent six hours searching for survivors and were ordered to evacuate 7 World Trade Center, which was on the verge of collapse.

McWilliams wrapped the flag around its pole, then carried it back toward ground zero.

There, George Johnson, 36, also of Ladder 157, and Billy Eisengrein, 37, of Rescue 2, helped plant it atop a mountain of debris - much like the servicemen at Iwo Jima.

Apparantly FDNY gets paid more than I thought, if McWilliams owns a yacht....but then again, maybe it wasn't his yacht...Therefore, not his flag, dontcha think? Sounds like stealing to me. Of course, no one would dare to fault these red-blooded, all-American PAID UNION firefighters for a little indiscretion at such a stressful moment. That no-good volly from PA, though....he needs to have his *** kicked....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the actions of the PA firefighter. He should NOT have taken the flag from the scene, because it did not belong to him. If it was located on or near a FDNY apparatus, then he SHOULD have made the effort to return it to that company if possible. The flag has been returned now, and apologies have been made. So where's the flag from the picture? Returned to its rightful owner? Of course not. Before this thing continues, I think everyone should consider what they say about people who live in glass houses....Everyone at one time or another has done the wrong thing for what they believed to be the right reason. You union guys may now feel free to call me every low-down name in the book for DARING to question any action taken by FDNY members during this tragedy...but to concur with an earlier post, STEALING IS STEALING! No matter who does it. It's wrong, and it's unprofessional. Circumstances do not make it right. So how about we all lighten up a little on this particular issue, OK?
        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
        Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
        Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
        — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

So, you were from the bronx. Great monkey, I worked there for over a year . . . what's that make us? Brother firefighters. So shut the *** up, have a cigarette and a beer, and chill the *** out!

Bottom line is (again) this thread has become so juvenile w/ insults, and as you put it earlier, 'they should get in their little vollie truck, with their little vollie light' and return it. Too bad that oh, maybe two or three ff's from FDNY were volunteer's, or promoted from EMS. Yea, not everyone can be born into being a paid firefighter. (Whoa, . . . that's a little too much sarcasm for me!)

Let me tell something to all of you, including the monkeys that are 'professional firefighters' and think that we (volunteers are just pee-on's) HE'S STATED IT HERE IN HIS FIRST POST, HIS TRUE FEELINGS OF THE VOLUNTEER'S.

Truth is, the brothers from the FDNY AND the volunuteer's from the surrounding areas around NYC DID come together, and work in unison for the most part. There has always been animosity amongst the paid / volly's in and around NYC, but know what? There wasn't on and hasn't been since 9-11! Maybe you need to realize that, that in the civilized world ff's whether volly or paid CAN work side by side.

Volunteer Firefighters
          The unpaid professionals!

Know what, there is nothing left to discuss on this thread, and it should be closed. Views have been expressed, and the constructive criticism is long over. Nothing but mudslinging and crap!

CLOSE THE THREAD!

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: toneloc177 ]
          May God bless all the people and families who have lost
          their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
          [email protected]

Comment

PF 10 you really don't get it do you???
            You don't see the difference between the FDNY members raising the flag and the ones that took a flag off the rig of men lost in the WTC.

Well let me explain it to you then:
            First the FDNY members took ,yes they took a flag that didn't belong to them and ran it up the flag pole as a patrotic symbol and in honor of their fallen brothers.The flag was there for all to see.

Second the other group took a flag from the apparatus of FDNY members still trapped in the rubble as a trophy. Back to there quarters, does this seem like a patrotic jesture are honoring someone??? if it is please explain it to me.And it wasn't flying for all to see.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: FFNOLA ]

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: FFNOLA ]

Comment

Ok children its about time everybody understands just what is going on. First the the story in the newspaper had TWO lines about the flag. A firefighter was sitting under a tree when a reporter aproached him and asked him about the small flag he had. He told her that he had found it at the WTC. That was the original story. The firefighters from engine 3 were eager to get the flag when they finally found out someone had it because from what I understand, everything else was taken to the dump with all the other rubble. As far as all this bickering The flag was returned as requested over a week ago. The BTFD made attempts to get in touch with the fire department re the flag to return it but the FDNY admid. had more importing things to do. One of the FDNY officers had a letter to the editor on tuesday this past week (www.mcall.com) and basically said that this has gotten out of hand buy a bunch of people without all the facts. He also thanked the firefighter and the fire department for taking care of the flag. So unlike some dic+ less wonders that are to scared to make a post with a valid e-mail address I'm non union and man enough to have a vaild account with an e-mail address. Not that union is bad but its funny if you paid guys are SO WONDERFULL how come the ONLY fire department in the State of Pennsylvania that have 75% or more of the firefighters at the FF1 level is a VOL FIRE CO?????? (guess its not in your contract to better yourself as a professional) I could go on but I have better things to do I hope the rest you take the hint to do the same

Comment

FFNOLA....First off, if you read my post you'll notice that I DO think the actions of the PA firefigters were WRONG. They definitely should not have taken the flag, and they definitely SHOULD have tried to give the flag to the company to which it belonged. (I disagree, however, with those who say they shouldn't have touched it at all....if it was on the ground, I think they were right for picking it up and putting it in a safe place...but NOT for taking it).

Second....I will freely admit that if I had been in the position of those FDNY firefighters, moved by anger, patriotism, whatever, I very likely would have done the same thing. It was a beautiful and inspiring gesture and I doubt anyone, including the owner of the yacht, faulted them for their actions under the circumstances....As for the PA firefighter who took the flag, yes, what he did was wrong, but don't take it out on the whole volunteer service. I wish you union guys would just get over this whole volunteer-hating thing. How many volunteer firefighters do you suppose went to NYC to help dig your brothers out of the rubble? A lot of them. So a couple of them did the wrong thing when they were there...How about thanking the hundreds of others who helped instead of trashing the whole lot of us based upon the actions of a couple of individuals?

FFNOLA....try to resist the urge to chuck a beer bottle at me at the LSFA convention, OK?
                Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
                — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

I am a union firefighter. I think it was wrong of the firefighter to take the flag. But what burns me up is the vollie firefighters who slam all union guys in general catagories. Complaining about how its not fair to be generalized. Sorta like the pot calling the kettle black.

Such wonderfull quotes as

"Not that union is bad but its funny if you paid guys are SO WONDERFULL how come the ONLY fire department in the State of Pennsylvania that have 75% or more of the firefighters at the FF1 level is a VOL FIRE CO?????? (guess its not in your contract to better yourself as a professional) I could go on but I have better things to do I hope the rest you take the hint to do the same"
                  and
                  "I wish you union guys would just get over this whole volunteer-hating thing. How many volunteer firefighters do you suppose went to NYC to help dig your brothers out of the rubble? A lot of them. So a couple of them did the wrong thing when they were there...How about thanking the hundreds of others who helped instead of trashing the whole lot of us based upon the actions of a couple of individuals?"
                  PLease re read your last sentance ?

I know alot of people get brave when typing at a keyboard, but come on ...

Comment

Union_FF,

I asked you on what basis you called the man
                    a thief. You replied that he was the one who took the flag. I did not know this. In the
                    midst of some pretty hot posts, thank you for
                    explaining that to me in a rational manner.
                    the point man

Comment

Volunteer or Fulltime, it doesn't really matter- the bottom line is we are all firefighters. We are all grieving for our fallen brothers and sisters. The last thing we need to do is attack each other; instead we should form a unified front.
                      Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but TODAY is a gift...

Comment

PFDE4....After re-reading my last post (and with the benefit of a few hours of sleep)I think you have a point. I was reacting to some of the earlier comments and I lost some of my objectivity. I generalized about the union FF's in the same way that I accused them of generalizing about us (volunteers). You know what they say, when you point a finger at someone there's always three pointing back at you. Thanks for calling me on it. I think Firedixie has the right idea.....
                        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                        Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

This is about the most pathetic forum i have ever read. Union this and Union that vollie this and vollie that. While there are some good points made here there are alot of angry people for no good reason. PA. vollies no one attacked you personally so get over yourselves. I have read some of firemonkeys entrys and i would have to agree with most of them and yes he sounds angry i read in a previous post that he lost a brother in the wtc attack. Would that make you a little bitter???? It makes me as bitter as hell and I didnt even really know anyone at the wtc. I can promise that if a fully paid and union guy had taken the god damn flag he would have paid a more severe penalty. I truly hope no civilians read this forum to find out how truly pathetic some are how do we look now in the public eye if they were reading this. pathetic
                          Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

b]Know what, there is nothing left to discuss on this thread, and it should be closed. Views have been expressed, and the constructive criticism is long over. Nothing but mudslinging and crap![/b]

hmmmmmmm After reading some of your posts i would say you are one of the main offenders.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: unionproud ]

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: unionproud ]
                            Go raibh maith agat Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort! Dyfal donc a dyrr y garreg!!!!!

IN MEMORY OF THE "MOOSE" 1974-2002<br />Ni bheidh mo leitheid ar'ris ann.

Brothers till the end. "If they don't have GUINNESS in heaven we aint goin!"

Comment

FIREMONKEY just remember one thing 68% of North Carolinas fire fighters are volunteer. You think because you are paid you are better than we are,sounds like your typical idiot to me

Comment

Union FF and firemonkey70,

First of all, for union ff, I owe you an apology. I thought you had just posted some random PA firefighter. I'm sorry I went off like that. That dude deserves his pic posted. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Once again, I apologize.

Now for firemonkey70,
                                No harm, no foul. I realize what I said about you was inappropriate, so the medic comment was well deserved. I hope you know that I do feel the same way about the flag and the theft as you do. Something has to be done about that loser from PA. I think, possibly, that his heart was in the right place, he just should've used his head. But, like someone said earlier, at least the flag is back with it's rightful owner.

Sorry again, guys. Hope to talk to you about a different topic sometime soon.
                                Life is only temporary, but freedom goes on forever. God bless those who gave all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X