Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you should ask, given the topic. DTRT means Do The Right Thing.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: NozzleHog ]

Comment

I do not feel that anyone was attacking Pennsylvania. Nor, do I feel a need to defend this person/department just because they're from PA.

As far as I know, the flag has been returned (if not, they've stated that they will). So there, problem solved. How many of you have done stupid things and then done the best possible thing to remedy the situation?

Any of you who have never done anything stupid, you can rip this guy all you want. Any of you who has, I'd suggest you keep quiet. Otherwise, the next time you do something stupid, you may be on the other end.

Thanks for filling me in NozzleHog.

As for the skirt comment, I know, sorry about that.

Stay Safe

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: PA Volunteer ]

Comment

[QUOTE]dmsmith: I'd gladly take you up on the Guinness but think i'll pass on the Thorazine, it gives me a headache. [QUOTE]

Nozzle, the first one's on me, and I'll leave the thorazine at home
        Guinness....a meal in a can!
        IACOJ, Flatlander Division

Comment

Has the flag been returned??. If not, and if the FDNY would like, I will go and get it. Just give me the word.A couple of hours drive is nothing.If I go with permission of the NYFD, and anyone wants to ride along,Im from CT. Just give me a shout.stay safe all.

Comment

One guy hit it right on the head, when he said " If he had any brains, he would have left it there". Get my point??? I dont know how it is evrywhere else but where I am alot of the vollie are nothing but glory-seeking,snot-nosed, know-it-all, punks, who can only spell EMT with a little prompting from a tutor. If you go into any volunteer firehouse in our county you will see "souvenirs", peoples property stolen from the fireground, it got so bad that the fire chief sent out a memo warning against this type behavior. There is no doubt in my mind that this particular vollie was doing the same thing. He probably wanted to put it the dayroom amongst the other stolen property salvaged from the fireground. "DEDICATED TO THE JOB, NOT THE PAYCHECK" my ***.....
            IF YOU ALWAYS DO, WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE. YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN.

Comment

Well where I'm from and thats way down south its called theft!!! In my 25 years as a firefighter we have never taken a trophy back after and incident.First its not right and secondly we teach our rookies from the get go to respect others property.

If this fool had found a deceased FDNY members helmet in the rubble, would he have taken it back to be on the wall at vollie central. Well he found it in the rubble and it really wasn't being used anymore. It seems thats what he was most intrested in was finding something to show off back at home.

The statement that it was taken from the rig and was to be returned as a memorial just doesn't cut it. So lets just cut to the chase RETURN THE FLAG AND APOLIGIZE!!!!!

This can all be ended right now if this Dept. would do the right & just thing and return the flag as is right now.

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: FFNOLA ]

Comment

Wheelman 1619 - very intelligent post. All the volunteers (where you're from) do this. All the volunteers (where you're from) do that. Good one, buddy. You sure showed them. Where are you from, anyway? All it says is "All up in your NUG." What's a NUG, anyway?

Please fill us in.

Stay Safe

Comment

Ok enough bickering. This is not about paid vs. volunteer. It is about a ff who happens to be volunteer, who also happens to be short several hundred brain cells. The flag was returned to FDNY this past Sunday. So all is said and done and the FDNY has their flag back and they accepted this guys apology. So no more fighting please.
                  Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

Here's a little something I found on the ole BTVFC website... thought I'd share it with the brothers who might not otherwise have the chance to see it...

Firefighter/Paramedic
                    Matt Zimpfer

"Matt graduated from Soucon Valley High School in 1994 and enlisted in the United States Navy for two years with an honorable discharge. Matt attended St. Joseph’s Paramedic Institute in Lancaster and graduated in 1997. Matt became a member of the Bethlehem Twp. Fire Company in 1994 and has been active in the fire/rescue service. Currently Matt serves as a part-time Paramedic for Bethlehem Twp. Matt is currently enrolled at the Allentown Police Academy, and hopes to pursue a career in law enforcement. Matt's hobbies include spending time with family and friends, riding motorcycles, traveling and various other outdoor activities.

Do not take prescription meds that are not prescribed to you by a doctor!
                    Keep your head high, don’t look back and never stop setting goals for yourself."

*****WHAT!?!?! Does it really say this little thief is in the police academy?!?!?!*****

The local papers say the flag was returned, and, of course the Chief claims ammends have been made... I'd sure like to hear the story from the FDNY brothers!!!

One word: UNBELIEVABLE!
                    Proud Profession, Bold Union, Bright Future!

Comment

Union_FF,

I don't want to get into a ****ing match with
                      you, I just have a question: On what basis are you calling Matt Zimpfer a thief?
                      the point man

Comment

Union_FF,

I want to know just who you think you are posting Zimpfer's pic on here. WHERE DO YOU GET OFF? I want to know what makes you think he had anything to do with any of this? Sure, taking the flag was wrong and about the stupidest and most immoral thing I've ever heard of, but posting this guy on the internet without any proof he did anything is just about as bad. Don't be an ***. Do the right thing and take his pic down and hope nothing happens to him.

As for firemonkey70,

I'm not sure what kind of drugs you're on, but you've got a SERIOUS rage problem, man. Get off the steroids or meth or whatever the h*ll you're on and join the rest of us normal people back here on planet Earth.
                        Life is only temporary, but freedom goes on forever. God bless those who gave all.

Comment

Its now a moot point.The right steps were taken and the flag is now with its rightful owners.

Comment

OK LETS RECAP FOR THE MEDIC CAUSE I KNOW MEDICS SUFFER FROM ACUTE MEMORY LOSS AND NO SHORT TERM MEMORY. THERE WAS A FLAG STOLEN FROM A PLACE WHERE SEVERAL THOUSAND PEOPLE DIED. IN THE FIRE FIGHTERS OWN WORDS HE BROUGHT THE FLAG TO HIS FD. WHY???? TO BUILD A TRIBUTE ON THE FD WALL. SO DO YOU SEE NOW WHERE IT WAS ADMITED??? DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM WITH THIS??? IT COULD HAVE BEEN THE FLAG FROM THE ENGINE OR IT COULD HAVE BEEN FROM A STORE FRONT WHO CARES IT WAS WRONG.....ARE YOU STILL WITH ME I HAVENT LOST YOU HAVE I??? OK, MOVING ON....AS I SAID MY BROTHER DIED IN THAT GOD FORSAKEN PILE OF RUBLE SO YES I AM A LITTLE BIT ****ED. AND IM EVEN MORE ****ED AT PEOPLE LIKE YOU FOR TALKING ABOUT WHERE YOU HAVE NO GODLY PLACE TO TALK. I DONT CONDONE OR EVEN PROMOTE SOME OF THE TACTICS TAKEN IN THIS FORUM. SOME ARE A LITTLE OUT OF LINE BUT DO YOU KNOW WHO WAS REALLY OUT OF LINE???? THE FIRE FIGHTER WHO JUST FOR A SECOND, THOUGHT HE HAD THE RIGHT TO TAKE A PIECE OF THAT PLACE HOME WITH HIM. AS FAR AS DRUGS I WILL STICK WITH THE EARLIER COMMENT AND HAVE A GUINNESS PLEASE AND SERVE IT WARM THE WAY A TRUE IRISH MAN DRINKS IT AND WHILE IM SIPPING I HOPE I CAN CROSS PATHS WITH YOU ONE DAY NOT TO YELL OR SCREAM BUT TO BUY YOU ONE AS WELL. BECAUSE IN THE END ALL IS FORGIVEN. IF HE OR THEY OR WHO EVER IT WAS RETURNED THE FLAG....FORGIVEN WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT.
                            YES I AM A PROFESSIONAL FIRE FIGHTER AND YES I AM IN THE UNION

Comment

firemonkey70,

Whoa Turbo! I'm not sure what message you got out of my post, but as far as I can see, we're on the same page. I'm pretty sure that I said taking the flag was one of the stupidest and immoral things I've ever heard of. Isn't that what you think? All I meant was to kick it down a few octaves. I think the guy should be dismissed from his dept. and then charged with theft and sent to jail. Getting ****y doesn't help. Beating his *** won't do any good. An *** kickin only takes a minute or two. This guy needs to suffer for a while.

I guess I was a little out of line with the drug stuff; I'm sorry.

By the way, my displayed name doesn't mention that I'm a firefighter/paramedic and also a proud union member.
                              Life is only temporary, but freedom goes on forever. God bless those who gave all.

Comment

OK, quick review...

1. It's been well established in the local PA newspapers (not to mention the AP newswire) that the person pictured above is the one who removed the flag from FDNY Engine Co. 3 in NYC. He then brought it to his PA firehouse with the intention of hanging it on the wall there, and showed his trophy to the local press.

2. Where I come from, taking something that's not yours is called "theft". That's where I get off calling him a thief.

3. I didn't make this stuff up myself. His picture and profile were already readily available to the world on his department's website. After all, that's where I found it.

4. I am not even suggesting that anyone harm him. I fully agree with Medic that he should be held liable for his actions via the disciplinary and legal systems. I also agree that he needs (morally) to be taught his place in the food-chain, so to speak... hopefully this will assist in creating a lasting impression on him and make him realize that one's actions will always induce a reaction.

5. Hopefully this makes it clear that I too am not looking for a ****ing match, just utilizing an educational opportunity. I just wish I had caught this topic earlier, because, like everyone else in the world, I was ****ed when I read through it. I just took it a step further and did some research on my own before posting my rantings.

We all lost family, friends, and brothers on the 11th. It's bad enough that the NYC government is disrespecting them. We don't need to be doing it ourselves too. Now I'm done... I hope.
                                Proud Profession, Bold Union, Bright Future!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X