This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flights into New York booked already

Well I just got off the phone with American Airlines... I'm gonna be flying into Newark cause all the flights into JFK and La Guardia are already full (with firefighters). The girl I spoke with was great, and got me an excellent price. Looks like 3 from my department will be heading up that way. Anyway, she told me she has been talking to firefighters since friday afternoon. She said she has no idea how many are flying that way, but did tell me that my flight will be loaded with firefighters from Texas headed to NYC!!
    We are really glad to be able to attend this memorial, and I'll try to meet up with some of you at the locations E229lt posted in his topic about 'meeting up..'

until then...

be safe brothers
    Be safe brothers

You could always fly into Bradley (the Hartford - Springfield airport) and take the train in.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Scott you are probably better off flying into Newark. You can take a shuttle bus to the Newark train station. From there it's only one stop to Penn Station with is directly under the Garden.
      FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

EWR is defintely the easier airport to get to MSG from.

Another consideration is Lehigh Valley International in Allentown, PA. Then rent a car for about a 90 minte ride. The hotels are also WAY cheaper in PA and Northern NJ than in NYC.
        PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

If anyone has a problem, besides the other airports mentioned there is Westchester Airport in White Plains (about 30-40 minutes outside the city) or Stewart Airport (about 1 hour outside the city). Both are small, but easy to navigate and not very busy. You could take a train from Westchester or rent a car at Stewart(about $10/day cheaper than in NYC or Newark).
          Susan Lounsbury
          Winston-Salem Rescue Squad
          Griffith Volunteer FD

Comment

Unfortuneately, I am not going to be able to go. I find this to really suck as I wanted be able to meet all who are my heroes.
            Adam Spencer
            Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
            Nixa Fire District
            Nixa MO 65714

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader