This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's all meet up after the memorial

I'm sure many of us would like to put a face to a name here. I'd like to set up a meeting place, a bar no doubt, for the afternoon/evening after the memorial. I have a few places in mind.

Some ideas to identify ourselves???

How many are interested???

Count me and the Brothers from WTFD in Lt.

I've never been to NYC so just e-mail me the address when you figure out all the details.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Comment

Count me in to......and the boys from Arkansas.......and we'll wear our shoes too. Just kidding that's only southern Arkansas that does that.

E229lt....let us just let us know the details.

Comment

Count me in LT. Thanks for the e-mail and setting me straight.

WTFD-FF10, If I can't find anyone from central Ohio going, can I meet you guys up north somewhere along the route? I have in-laws that live north of Akron so I know my way around there some.
        I'd appreciate it alot if that's possible.

Got your backs.
        See you on the big one
        Billy Reiter, 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Comment

What about the night before? We are leaving out the evening of the memorial.

Comment

Name the place and time Loo....and I'll be there.
            FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

I am in. What kind of place do you want to meet at?
              This space for rent

Comment

Chaplain 41 - Not a problem Bro, I sent you an e-mail.

Scooby - We will probably time our trip to arrive early in the morning on the 18th to avoid trying to find hotel rooms. Maybe we could make the time immediately following the memorial service (early afternoon) What's everybody think of that?
                FTM-PTB-DTRT

Comment

LT: I have a question, please answer it honestly,

Is this meeting for firefighters only or are the civilians of this forum invited too?

If its just firefighters, I totally understand.

fifi

Comment

Loo -

Thanks for setting this up, in the middle of everything else you're busy with.

Don't know if I'm staying/traveling with the work brothers or the vollie brothers, but I'd like to catch up with you guys. I imagine a suds joint near MSG would work best.

Your turf. Just let us know. Thanks.

Comment

Loo,

I'm in and I am coming with Trkco1.
                      Kevin M. Fitzhenry
                      Captain, Rescue Company 1
                      City of Bayonne (NJ) Fire Department

Comment

fifi,
                        I would not exclude anyone.
                        As for the where. Knowing my brothers and no doubt ALL brothers. Anything in site of MSG will burst at the seams within 10 minutes of the end of the memorial. I've got a thought about a place about 8 blocks away, 5 minute walk and easy to find for you Rural FFs.

It too will be packed, but I figure, what the hell, maybe we'll be able to move an inch or so. The Waterfront Alehouse on 2nd Ave and 30th St. may well fit our needs.

Unless you all are up for a subway ride south and we could hit the South Street Seaport and the World Famous "Jeremy's Ale House"

Put it this way, there are at least a half dozen or so places in Manhattan and we'll find a good one.

Comment

Count me in, I think we're all gonna need a drink or two after the ceremony. I know after the Worcester ceremony we did. Hopefully we can muster a big crew from Berkshire county area to go down..(i'm kinda partial to the "Jeremy's Ale House" idea..that being my name..lol)

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: EFDems841 ]

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: EFDems841 ]
                          HELL YEAH!!!
                          The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

Comment

Chaplain41-

Where in the city are you? Im pretty sure some guys from our station (161) are going...

Spo0k-
                            You going? Maybe our union locals can go as a group....
                            My opinions only.

AGS-SGA 091101

Comment

Hey count me in....I am there. I am trying to get a crew of ffs from my area in NJ to go into the city for the service. I feel that I have to be there for the families and to show my support for every ff and ems worker out there. Let me know the final outcome of where to meet. Take care.
                              Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X