This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to FDNY Memorial?

I'll be there along with several members of my department. We're trying to get others from area departments together to go with us. We'd like to get a full tour bus. (If anyone from the Toledo, OH area reads this, go to my depts. website www.wtfd.net/main.html for the details and e-mail address.)

How many others on the forum are planning to go?
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

I know some are coming from my department. Check the website below. We are flying in on Saturday into La Quardia and staying at the Courtyard Marriot and flying out Sunday evening. May be we can all hook up at a local bar sometime that evening if someone knows a good FF bar. We have decided to fly in our CLASS A's because they will get too wrinkled in our checked baggage. Any other ideas?

Shannon Daves

Comment

Scooby, there's another post on the board about a meeting place after the ceremony, seems like things are worked out in there, hopefully it all comes together. Hope this helps.
      HELL YEAH!!!
      The comments made by me are just that. Not of the Fire dept or Ambulance squad I am on.

Comment

Steam your Class As in the hotel/motel shower--- easiest way to beat the wrinkles. Plus, most have irons and ironing boards these days if you decide to put them in the luggage after all.

Comment

My husband is a firefighter who is going to NYC for the memorial service. Needless to say, I am a little nervous about him flying halfway across the country and meeting with thousands of other people in what seems to be a prime event for another terrorist attack. Could someone please let me know if I'm overreacting or have any information on the security at this event?

--Scott's Concerned Wife

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: Scott Reasor ]
          Be safe brothers

Comment

I don't know of the security measures, but that thought has crossed my mind a few times. Well, at least there will be tons of EMTs there! (ok, I know...bad attempt at humor. Don't stone me for it!)
            IACOJ Agitator
            Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...