This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire science

i finally found a college with fire edu.
    shepherd in WV, (my state) has a fire science minor. besides my EMT course (after or during) what else do i need to apply for a municiple dept job right after college?
    thanks
    logan

Hi Logan,

My guess is that you are interested in a firefighter job. As far as I know, most municipal departments only require a High School education for entry level firefighter positions, but some college level fire science study would always help bolster your resume. If you are interested in a fire protection career, you might consider Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland - they have a decent 2-year Fire Science program. OR, better yet, the University of Maryland (GO TERPS!!) has an excellent 4-year Fire Protection Engineering program (being a graduate of that program, I am somewhat biased toward that).

That being said, I have a question for you... I'm going to be moving to Jefferson County WV next summer and I want to volunteer at whichever fire department that serves the area in which I will reside, so how can I find out what fire departments exist in that area and which one's first-due I will be in?
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Comment

If you're into New England, the University of New Haven in CT offers Arson Investigation, Fire Science Administration, Fire Technology, Fire Engineering and various OSHA degrees. You can get your FF1 and EMT while attending school there as well.
      "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
      -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Also, take a look at WPI,

Its more of an Engineering side of things, but interesting.

-mikeWPI FPE Dept

Comment

IJ, dont know if this will help, but try it http://server.firehouse.com/links/US...West_Virginia/
          im not sure where in Jefferson Co. you are planning to move.
          feel free to email me ill try to help all i can
          [email protected]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...