Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSHANK42
    replied
    I don't like to were any kind of hat. But since I have to, of the helmets we have had I prefer the Cairnes tactical tupperware.

Leave a comment:

• WebFire
    replied
    Originally posted by SSHANK42 View Post
    I don't like them. Too heavy, top heavy, and bulky. Off course I hate to wear a baseball hat. That being said I would wear nothing but a Cairnes.
    So do you like them or not? You talk bad about them, then say you would wear nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• SSHANK42
    replied
    I don't like them. Too heavy, top heavy, and bulky. Off course I hate to wear a baseball hat. That being said I would wear nothing but a Cairnes.

Leave a comment:

• EGH128
    replied
    I would have nothing other than Cairns. I wear an N6A while on duty and have a 1010 for live burns.

Leave a comment:

• JCA1386
    replied
    field....those glasses are a pain...besides the fact that they look like bugeyes. I have them in amber and mirror both stink im on the same page as you goggles in the locker safety glasses all the way

Leave a comment:

• OlieCan
    replied
    Thats waht I wear, and I like it, although its tough to say cause its the only once i've ever worn...

Leave a comment:

• fieldseng2
    replied
    We have 1010's here. They are great, though I miss wearing my New Yorker since I got on the job here. Some guys do wear leathers here. Pretty much up to the Capt. if he allows it. Don't know if mine would let it fly.

BTW. I HATE the goggles too. I dont care for the way they are mounted on the helmet. I can never get them to fit right, and stay that way while pulling walls/ceiling. They fog up, sweat drips in your eyes, and after a couple of fires no matter how much you clean them...you cant see thru them. The lense keeps popping out of my frames. Thats why they are safely kept in my locker.

The best thing that has worked for me is your standard ANSI Z87.1 approved safety glasses. I use them for overhaul, extrications, etc.

If I need quick protection (not necessiarily the best), I like the bourkes. They dont get in the way when not in use, and easily deployable. Although you do get the same problem w/them as the goggles after a few fires.

I do have a question...has anyone tried the VISIONFLEX goggles?

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/pr...e_ansi_z87_1_/

Not quickly deployable, but you could don them enroute, or after you took your mask off. Inexpesnive. Id like to hear from anyone that has tried them and the pros/cons.

Leave a comment:

• Paul343
    replied
    Originally posted by DrParasite View Post
    anyone know the best place to buy a cairns 1010? and by best, i do mean cheapest . i know the primary choices are online, retail/fire-ems store, and conventions. any ideas which have the cheapest prices?

also, chief woods, just out of curiosity why do you have 4 new yorkers?
    I bought a 1010 from All hands fire equiptment for about $175, I though it was a good price. Firestore is the best for fronts.

Leave a comment:

• ryanzick
    replied
    Re: best place to buy

Originally posted by DrParasite
    anyone know the best place to buy a cairns 1010? and by best, i do mean cheapest . i know the primary choices are online, retail/fire-ems store, and conventions. any ideas which have the cheapest prices?

thefirestore.com has some pretty competitive prices.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Re: best place to buy

Originally posted by DrParasite

Because he can!

Leave a comment:

• drparasite
    replied
    best place to buy

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Me Too........

My lovely bride gave me a 1010 for Fathers Day about 10 years ago. That, and my Pacific Helment for my Tech rescue activities, is about it for headgear for me. I still have most of the Helments that I acquired over the years, including 4 New Yorkers, 4 or 5 Metro's, and one Aluminum Traditional. The 1010 has been the best though. For eye protection, I use goggles. Period. I have a personal dislike for Flipdown eyeshields of any kind. Stay Safe....

Leave a comment:

• DarthVader
    replied
    still dont see it.................

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    anyone seen a thread about "plastic" helmets ?

Leave a comment:

• CHARLESTON
    replied
    I have never worn anything other than my leather New Yorker. I love it.

There are some guys on the job with me who have those plastic New Yorkers and I hate to say it, but they don't look as authentic as the real thing (in my opinion).

Just my 2 cents....

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X