No announcement yet.

carins 1010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jeg532 and Adze, one of the young guys on the dept. told me around $30, I called this morning and was told $53. I going to get them regardless. I've got safety glasses I'll put with my extrication gloves Adze, good advice.
    Jeg532, my favorite guitar store is in Coshoction, Wildwood in Roscoe Village. I'm not allowed to go there to often though, especially after the Taylor 12 string I bought there $$$$$ for our budget!

God Bless everyone!
    See you on the big one!<br />Billy Reiter 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Comment

Hey Chaplain 41 (et. al.),

Thefirestore.com has (and I quote)
      Bourke Eyeshields With Hardware Kit Included for $47.00 (plus shipping of course).

They also list :
      Bourke Eyeshield Hardware Mounting Kit - Price $4.00
      Bourke Replacement Lens Kit With Two Lens, Fasteners, Drill Bit and Instructions - Price 23.00

Now I dunno if those two items will have all the parts that the kit has - but that may be where the $30 ball park figure came from.

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
      Stephen
      FF/Paramedic

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: N2DFire ]
      Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
      Stephen
      FF/Paramedic
      Instructor

Comment

Like the 1010.....fits well and has the added benefit of being paid for by the dept. I took off the shield, use Bourkes from an old leather and have a pair of goggles strapped on over the helmet....all in all it works pretty good.
        Leathers are fine but I have a kid in college..........nuff said.

Comment

I personally have never worn the 1010, but I have friends that love them! I recently placed a Conway American heritage(similar to the 1010) into service. The Conway has adjustable height, looks great(like the 1010) and I found it to be about $50 cheaper overall. I now have friends that are considering replacing their 1010's. Just a thought. I was forced by my dept. to go with a 4" face shield, although I desperatly wanted the bourkes, they just look so damn good!!! Take care.....

Comment

I have never worn anything other than my leather New Yorker. I love it.

There are some guys on the job with me who have those plastic New Yorkers and I hate to say it, but they don't look as authentic as the real thing (in my opinion).

Just my 2 cents....

Comment

anyone seen a thread about "plastic" helmets ?
              IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
              Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
              ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
              RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
              LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
              I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
              "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

still dont see it.................
                Dude, I told you I'm not yo daddy...
                Despite popular beliefs, DarthVader wears leather !!

Comment

Me Too........

My lovely bride gave me a 1010 for Fathers Day about 10 years ago. That, and my Pacific Helment for my Tech rescue activities, is about it for headgear for me. I still have most of the Helments that I acquired over the years, including 4 New Yorkers, 4 or 5 Metro's, and one Aluminum Traditional. The 1010 has been the best though. For eye protection, I use goggles. Period. I have a personal dislike for Flipdown eyeshields of any kind. Stay Safe....
                  Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                  In memory of
                  Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                  Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

best place to buy

anyone know the best place to buy a cairns 1010? and by best, i do mean cheapest . i know the primary choices are online, retail/fire-ems store, and conventions. any ideas which have the cheapest prices?

also, chief woods, just out of curiosity why do you have 4 new yorkers?
                    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

Re: best place to buy

Originally posted by DrParasite
                      anyone know the best place to buy a cairns 1010? and by best, i do mean cheapest . i know the primary choices are online, retail/fire-ems store, and conventions. any ideas which have the cheapest prices?

Because he can!
                      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Re: best place to buy

Originally posted by DrParasite

thefirestore.com has some pretty competitive prices.
                        *Fraternal Order Of Paramedics Member*
                        EMT-b (in training)

Comment

Originally posted by DrParasite View Post

I bought a 1010 from All hands fire equiptment for about $175, I though it was a good price. Firestore is the best for fronts.
                          "You choose to go voluntarily into the fire. The blaze might well destroy you. But if you survive, every blow of the hammer will serve to shape your being. Every drop of water wrung from you will temper and strengthen your soul." Margaret Weis

Paul Richardson
                          Firefighter/EMT-B
                          OVFD unit# 343/SLVFD unit# 610

Comment

We have 1010's here. They are great, though I miss wearing my New Yorker since I got on the job here. Some guys do wear leathers here. Pretty much up to the Capt. if he allows it. Don't know if mine would let it fly.

BTW. I HATE the goggles too. I dont care for the way they are mounted on the helmet. I can never get them to fit right, and stay that way while pulling walls/ceiling. They fog up, sweat drips in your eyes, and after a couple of fires no matter how much you clean them...you cant see thru them. The lense keeps popping out of my frames. Thats why they are safely kept in my locker.

The best thing that has worked for me is your standard ANSI Z87.1 approved safety glasses. I use them for overhaul, extrications, etc.

If I need quick protection (not necessiarily the best), I like the bourkes. They dont get in the way when not in use, and easily deployable. Although you do get the same problem w/them as the goggles after a few fires.

I do have a question...has anyone tried the VISIONFLEX goggles?

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/pr...e_ansi_z87_1_/

Not quickly deployable, but you could don them enroute, or after you took your mask off. Inexpesnive. Id like to hear from anyone that has tried them and the pros/cons.

Comment

Thats waht I wear, and I like it, although its tough to say cause its the only once i've ever worn...
                              Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
                              IACOJ

Comment

field....those glasses are a pain...besides the fact that they look like bugeyes. I have them in amber and mirror both stink im on the same page as you goggles in the locker safety glasses all the way

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X