Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Watch & the Bravest - How have they done?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Watch & the Bravest - How have they done?

With the events of September 11th still in everyone's minds - and reports of various organizations trying to make a few dollars from the misfortune of out brother's on the FDNY, FDNY*EMS, and the NYPD; how do you all feel about the recent shows by NBC's "Third Watch", and Hearst Entertainment's "the Bravest"??

Prior to the incident at the World Trade Center, many of the regular contributors to the forums voiced displeasure about 3rd Watch - many said it wasn't "real enough" -- And now - we have the reality television show- the Bravest---- Which has already sparked some controversy here in the forums. Do you think that theshow will continue - unless it is picked up by a major network?

How do you all feel about these shows? Do you think that they have done a good job portraying the types of personalities found in the FD? The desire of a firefighter?

Do you think that they have done a good job portraying the events that occured in NYC on the 11th of September? I know that only some of our brothers from the FDNY can adequately answer that question - but the rest of you - please give me your opinion.

I'd like to know what you think...

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: FF McDonald ]
    Marc

"In Omnia Paratus"

Member - IACOJ
    "Got Crust?"

-- The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Have i missed something FF McDonald, what controversy are you talking about, i havent seen one negative comment about the bravest.

Comment

There were a few people arguing over some safety/equipment/procedure issues from some scenes in The Bravest. I think it basically started as someone saying something about San Francisco and it blew up from there.

Comment

Well a real life based show like Bravest is going to generate that type of compliant becuase just like no two fires are the same no two companies fight a fire the same. I realised that after watching the DC crew put a Car fire out last weekend. A show like this is going to really show the small differences which exist in the way differant departments separated by geography, local needs and Customs function. So realy it should not be a complaint against the show as they will only film what they see.

Comment

The "complaint" about safety was from a kid who's not even a firefighter, so his opinion on the subject should be disregarded.
          Living the dream...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X