X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT.BB
    replied
    I know a lot of FF's who THINK they are cops! Wearing badges on their belts, calling P.D.(on the radio) for dead cats in the road etc.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hey, cops really eat Dunkin Doughnut bagels and drink cappiccinos now, its the 21st century.

Seriously, my agency is a "public safety" agency. We are cross trained as firefighter, either EMT or Medic, and as cops. It is very difficult top maintain your skills in both areas. To be honest, there is a definate difference between us firefighters and the cops.

Someone did once say that if you dug a hole and dropped everyone in, the firefighters would climb out.

By the way, I'm in the process of getting hired on with a real fire dept. I never got into the doughnut gig.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Freeze
    replied
    I think if you feed a fireman donuts after midnight he'll turn into a cop...

Leave a comment:

• cpr4u
    replied
    The difference between Cops and Firefighters is that they all want to be Firefighters!

Leave a comment:

• oldE6man
    replied
    Like we tell all the cops who come in the firehouse, if they had scored a little higher on the Civil Service exam, they could have become firefighters.

Leave a comment:

• EC116
    replied
    I went the other route. I was an officer and became a firefighter. I was only an officer for a little less then a year, and decided it wasnt for me.

Leave a comment:

• FFDennis
    replied
    Most cops, when they're being honest, admit "I stood in the wrong line...", usually when they wander into the station at meal time, as they're digesting their fast food....

We have a member who was a Chicago cop for 12 years before coming on the job with us, mostly because he was living outside the city and thought he would get caught. He says you'd have to be an idiot to become a cop, especially nowadays.

just my .02

Leave a comment:

• GreenCap
    replied
    I've herd that in NYC Cop's go over to the Fire Dept. by the truck load. In some cases even Sergeants and Detectives.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Gonzo
    replied
    Many years ago, before I got on the department, there was a firefighter who switched sides to become a police officer. He ended up retiring on a medical.

There was a cop who took the civil service fire exam, passed and got appointed to my department, taking a leave of absence from the police. He fell off a roof at a structure fire and was injured. He decided to make the switch back to police work and left the department. He is now a detective sergeant with our PD.

Most cops I know would have loved to be firefighters, except they are afraid of heights!

Leave a comment:

• ADSN/WFLD
    replied
    Firemen become cops right after getting a lobotomy.

Cops are just firemen who grabbed the wrong application.

Leave a comment:

• FiremedicMike
    started a topic how often do firemen change into cops

how often do firemen change into cops

Just wondering if any of you out there know people that have quit a fulltime fire job for a fulltime police job. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

thanks in advance

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X