Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been to several calls involving mail. 99% of it is from elderly women who live alone and are just scared. I have my members leave and sit down with the caller and open her mail for her. I don't wear gloves or masks or anything else. I just show her that her mail is safe and do it with a smile and no hint of being annoyed by the call.

To date, none of them have had us return to do the same. It's all about size up. If the same call was for a CNN building, I'd clear the building and let our big dogs handle it.

Comment

E229lt...... I think we all have the same feeling about these new forms of terror. The uncertainty of what and how it really should be handled. I commend everyone that is adding to this or reading this post. It shows that you're taking the steps to become educated and prepared for what may happen. A few years ago I attended a 2 week SWAT Medic course and learned that without "intelligence" coming away from a situation unscathed may not happen. So why not use that same mentality with something like this subject. Learn about and understand it. So when you are faced with it you won't be suprised.

Anyways enough of me ramblin.....I want to thank everyone who has added to this post and encourage anyone else to add new or updated info.

PS. E229lt, when you hear anything else about that memorial service send it out as quick as you can. You will definetly get me there!

Comment

OK Lt, Now I really understand where you are coming from. I agree with you 100 percent. Sorry for the earlier confusion.

Stay safe.
        Shawn M. Cecula
        Firefighter
        IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader