X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To you.

To the men and women of the fire service,

As I sit here day after day and read about everything that has happened here in the last month, I cannot help but be struck very heartily inside. I am very sad for the families and friends of those who have perished. But I am struck in a much more different way, by the way so many of us have come together. Fireman from all over the world have grown much closer in light of the recent events.
    I admire you all in a way I never have before. What you do truly is not a quest for fame, or to be called a hero. No, it is much greater than that. What you do is strive to follow your hearts in a way the most people don't understand. When a situation arises, you do not go looking for glory or for the bright lights or for the audience that always seems to be there. You just go because your heart says to, and you wouldn't have it any other way.
    This is true for every fireman, in every country, around the world. There is an unspoken bond between us all, and when we hear of a tragedy of this scale there is a tear in everyone's eye.
    But when the time comes, you still roll the door up, and roll the truck out.
    Because your heart says to.

I am damn glad to be a fireman, and I'm damn proud to be an American.
    Ladies and gentlemen of the fire service...

I salute you.
    Mike

Right on brother!

It's not the feeling at the sight of a blazing inferno that unites us, it's the feeling of doing something for the good of our community, helping each other out and reaching a hand to those less fortunate than us.

I am glad knowing that wherever I go, all over the world, people are ready to help me, strangers whose path crosses mine on a time I need them most.

Sisters and Brothers;

You are respected!

Comment

Out of the clouds of loss and destruction left behind on 09-11-01, there is hope. We as a nation have become more united and we as professional emergency services workers have become more aware of our dedication and loyalty.

I think we all feel a stronger dedication to what we do and those we serve. We hold our families a little tighter and we watch each others backs a little closer. I just hope that we all remember this feeling and pass it on to the next generation.

Stay safe brothers and sisters.
      Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

This is the way it should have been all along...a united front of Emergency Services Workers...no freelancing, no jumping calls, no bad mouthing neighboring companies. Let's keep it up, and show those we serve why this is such a proud profession to be associated with. I would gladly give my life for my brothers and sisters and for those in the community that I serve..that is what being a Firefighter is all about. Stay safe out there.
        NEVER FORGET 09-11-01 - Heroes Taken Too Soon From Us - God Speed
        Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

I said it before and I say it now. I am very proud to be in this great family of Emergency Responders. I attended a seminar 2 weeks ago where a motivational speaker gave a presentation. He was an ER doctor/paramedic. He asked us all to write down 4 reasons why we became involved in Emergency Services. Everyone in the room said "To help our fellow man" and "Because it needs to be done". I love you all as a brother and sister. God Bless us all.

code_blue81
          Jeremy Culver
          IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
          www.helpingourown.com
          "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse